Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tahkisis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Pay not withholding taxes
    My husband is starting a job that they are not going to pay any taxes. How do I know how much to save to pay taxes in January?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2006, 01:05 PM
    First you can't wait until January for future years. The IRS doesn't like you making a large payment with your return. So you will need to pay estimated quarterly taxes. However, since we are in the last quarter that should not be necessary this time around.

What you need to pay depends on your income, locality, etc. I would suggest getting a tax program like Turbo Tax. You can do What If scenarios where you estimate your income and deductions for the year and they will figure you tax liability and recommend your quarterly payments.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 16, 2006, 02:23 PM
    Scott is right. You will need to make estimated tax payments using Form 1040-ES on April 15, June 15, September 15 and January 15.

For 2006, if you file your return by 31 January 2007, no January 15 payment is due.

He will owe a 15.3% flat rate in self-employment taxes.

How much income tax is due depends on a variety of factors, not the least of which is your income and whether you have children.

I can do a estimate for you free-of-charge if you send me your data to [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paycheck without Tax Withholding, how can I pay the tax? (Chinese F1 student on CPT) [ 8 Answers ]

I am currently doing an intern holding F-1 visa and on CPT in New York state. My employer didn’t withhold any tax from my paycheck. She said I am treated as an independent contractor. My income in the CPT period will be $4800, according to 1040-ES (NR), the tax will be $4800*10%=480, which is...

What taxes should an h1b status should pay? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my h1b visa and just do not know how should I file my taxes next year. I also want to know if H1b should pay medicare and social security since we are not going to benefit in because we are a non immigrant holder. I work with this company and have a co worker that h1b visa holder also...

What taxes to pay in NYC/NJ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Tax Experts: My family is in Texas, where this is no state income tax. If I rent an apartment in NJ and work in NYC (W2 Fulltime employee) by myself, while my wife still works in Texas, what taxes do I need to pay/file? Am I still considered a TX residence for tax purpose? Any advice is...

Do we have to pay taxes [ 1 Answers ]

My wife inherited 25 % of some property from her mother when she passed away in 1997, the property was sold last year her share was 29,000 dollars, do we have to pay capital gain taxes on the amount,thank you frank67

Do I need to pay NJ taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I live and work in New Jersey. But my company is incorporated in Delaware and hence they withhold DE state tax and that is the only state tax withheld on my W2. I know I have to file DE non resident return but do I have to file a NJ return if there I have no NJ income? Please reply.

View more questions Search