Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kurmucb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 01:13 PM
    ITIN rejected for wife on H4
    I am on H1B visa and my wife and kid on H4.

My wife has no bank a/c or income, she is not working. We came in this country on 3rd October 2008. It make exact 90 days in year 2008.

I applied for ITINs for my wife and kid along with my federal tax returns. I got rejection letter saying that your wife's application has been rejected, that you didn't attach a valid U.S. federal tax return to your form W-7 or your name did not appear as the primary, secondary or dependent on the valid U.S. federal tax return submitted, as required.

Actually, I took help of H & R Block to file my tax returns. I already got refund from state. Its just my federal stuck up...

I don't think she is eligible for any exceptions bcs she has no income at all from any sources. Or am I ?

My question here is I filled 1040NR along with W7 and my wife's name is nowhere on 1040NR form. And selected option 5 for "OTHER MARRIED NONRESIDENT ALIEN" and her name is also not on dotted line next to this option. Should it be there? Or where?

So can I get ITIN for her, should I reapply for it with copy of 1040NR and new W7 ? Or should I leave it as it is? Should I take help of H&R block again (well I'm not sure wheater they can help me or not bcs I think they handle very few H1 case for taxes)?

Help me I have very few days to reply to IRS.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Call the number on the IRS letter and ask if they want you to re-submit the original tax return, or if you need to amend the return by submitting Form 1040X.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ITIN rejected for dependent [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am staying in the US on J-1 visa since 2005 onwards, so I assume am a resident alien for the tax purposes. Last year, 2007 my son joined with me and he was dependent for at least 9 months. He came to the US on J-2 visa status. So, I had applied for ITIN for my son and along with 2007...

ITIN for wife got rejected, should I apply again [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I was in US from Sept 07 - Feb 08 alongwith my wife and son. I was on a L1 visa. I had applied for my wife's and son's ITIN while filing returns for 2007. I received the ITIN for my son but my wife's ITIN got rejected. The reason given was "no valid tax return was accompanying th ITIN...

ITIN Rejected [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I am on H4. I have submitted the necessary documents for ITIN twice (1nce were rejected as documents were not notarized by US notary). I have been rejected for ITIN again. What should I do as the reason is not clear, and my Husband who is on H1B is awaiting for it to file his tax...

The itin number got rejected! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am srinivasan and I'm in h1 status, I had applied itin no for my wife and son. But I had sent the tax returns to another address and w7 form to the other. So their itin got rejected and I didn't get my refunds. I am reapplying for my itin and so I wanted to know if I cana refile my taxes...

View more questions Search