Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkhajuria Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Filling 2009 Tax Return
    Hi,

My Visa status is and I came in US in July 2008 and my wife and my kid came in October 2008. I have SSN and has applied for my wife's SSN. My kid doesn't have any SSN or TIN number.

Please guide me regarding the best way to get maximum refund.

Thanks,

Kaushik Khajuria
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 12:33 AM

Which visa do you have? Date you entered the U.S.
    kkhajuria Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Thanks MukutA for replying.

I am on L1 over here and the date I entered US is 25th July 2008.

Thanks,

Kaushik Khajuria

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Options in filling tax return [ 4 Answers ]

Is it better to fill the current tax return first and then fill the back taxes later, or the other way, any advice will be appreciated,

Filling Tax return for H1 B husband and H4toF1 wife [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a unique situation. I was on H1 for year 2008 and my wife was on h4 until September 2008 and converted to F1 from Sep08 to Dec08 and she has worked for few hours in school. My questions are 1) Can we file joint tax return? 2)Can I claim her as an dependent? Can I claim for...

Filing H1 April 2009, finishing course work in May 2009 [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, I am finishing my course work in May 2009. I am filing my H1 in April 2009. Can I file my H1 based on masters? What letter and what letter should stat to support my application? Please answer me as soon as possible. I will be thankful to you.

L1 visa holder filling tax return for 2008 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on L1 - B visa & have spouse & child on L2 (non working) I never taken SSN / ITIN for my dependent Now, to file returns & claim them as a married person, how should I proceed? - Should I request SSN for both of them - Or ITIN

Filling IT return jointly when wife family not here [ 1 Answers ]

I am on H1B came to US in Feb 2008, wife joined me in Mar 2008. My daughter born on July, now my wife and kid are planning to leave to India in Dec 4th. My wife has her SSN.(she got that when she came to US in 2005) Will I get the IT return benefits of filiing jointly also the stimulus payments?

View more questions Search