Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vijaisingh321 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Best way to send to IRS post box
    I have to mail the W7 + 1040 To IRS POST BOX NUMBER.. As it's a post box number can I use USPS certified mail to send the documents as on USPS website it states that

When you use Certified Mail, you receive a receipt stamped with the date of mailing. A unique article number allows you to verify delivery online. As an additional security feature, the recipient’s signature is obtained at the time of delivery and a record is maintained by the Post Office

As it's a po box number no body is going to sign there

Internal Revenue Service
    ITIN Operation
    P.O. Box 149342
    Austin, TX 78714-9342
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Feb 6, 2009, 12:13 AM

A few years ago I was told that customers that receive large volumes of incoming mail were allowed to bring back the signed return receipts later!

On another occasion a carrier gave a "restricted delivery" item to the person who answered the door without even obtaining a signature. The person answering the door was not the person the item was addressed to.

Since then I've been purchasing a certificate of mailing for most things. Only $1.10 compared to $2.70 for certified http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendm...ingservice.htm
    USPS - Extra Services Prices
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Actually, someone from the IRS will sign for the document, as the IRS gets certified mail with return receipt on numerous occasions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to send W2s [ 6 Answers ]

I have a client who paid 2 employees for a very short period of work. He did not get the paperwork filled out, and before he did they disappeared. What do I do about the W-2s as far as the SS Administration is concerned? Not sure if they will be contacting him for their W-2s or not. They had...

Should I send something! [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to send someone flowers to say sorry to them, Does it seem weird to send flowers to a guy.We had a silly misunderstanding which was all my fault. So what do you think.

Send a tattoo post card [ 3 Answers ]

Tattoodles :: Tattoodles Online :: Free Swag

View more questions Search