Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skipper735 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 03:06 PM
    I have a Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows XP I am helping a friend with. I wanted to get rid of the log on screen on start up. I used "run" command "control userpasswords2" and unchecked the "user must enter a username and password" box. When I restarted the computer, the log on box appeared with an unknown name in the user box. I tried clicking OK and received the message "System could not log you in. Make sure username and domain are correct, then type your password again." I tried typing in "admin" and got the same message. There is no password or user names set up on this machine. I have tried safe mode and get the same screen. How do I get past this? Or, how can I reload windows xp without signing in. Thank you for your help.[/B]
    Sylvanta Sybil Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Jan 28, 2009, 12:27 AM

There is a security backdoor for XP, you have to have the XP Operating System CD for this. You have to boot from the cd to do this, and run the XP Repair. It's a really long process, you can tell me if you need the details for it.

Hope this helps. :)
    skipper735 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 07:23 PM
    Thank you for your help. I found a way in and repaired the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

H1B - 221 g Denial [ 4 Answers ]

Hi One of my friend got 221 g Visa refusal for H1B.As the reason is petitioner is not able to give him an employment.So me too applied to the same company.Does it affect my case too?And is there any chance for him to take for H4 Visa?Will H1b refusal will stopped him to go for H4 Visa too. ...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

View more questions Search