Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michele friedma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Backpay for social security
    My five year old child had been eligiable for ss benefits since the day he was born because his father was disabled, I didn't find out this information until the death of his father, and because at the time of his birth, I didn't fill out a piece of paper, my child is out five years of ss benefits. A big part of my child's future depends on my pursuing this until the fair outcome is found. Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 09:09 AM

I would contact an attorney and run this past them as you may not be able to collect now that the father is deceased. Have the attorney handle this for you if your child is eligible for this payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supplemental security income and social security disability income? [ 2 Answers ]

If you are approved for supplemental security income and social security disability will you get full benefits from both or will it get cut in half and if your children receive ssi will their benefit be effected?

Social Security [ 6 Answers ]

I have a dumb question but need to know the answer. Is it illegal to use your child's social security number to purchase items online or to use as info for a bill payment? I heard of someone who did that but just need to know if illegal.

Social security [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure how much to withhold in social security if the rate is 6% on the first 100,000 and they earned 105,856? If they earned less than 100,000 I can do it.

Social security tax [ 2 Answers ]

Hi to all members of this forum and I hope we can establish a good relation ship. My question is the following. I was working in the US for several years under an H.1 visa and during several years I have been paying all the taxes like the rest of the US citizen and non citizen. In my case...

View more questions Search