Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scalidas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Issue 1099 to a PR
    Do I need to issue a 1099 misc to a Puerto Rico citizen who performed services for us in PR and never resided in/entered the US?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I do not think so.

Puerto Rico, though a U.S. protectorate, has its own income tax. Citziens of PR do NOT pay federal income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

1099-G and 1099-INT, filing as a non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen of India and filing my taxes as a non-resident for 2006. 1.> I received 1099-G of my 2005 state tax refund. In my 2005 federal tax return I had used the standard deduction on line 11 of 1040NR-EZ i.e "Itemized deductions" line since it is entitled to students from India. Is...

1099 without tax id [ 1 Answers ]

I am still preparing the 1099 forms. One contractor fails to provide us his tax id. IRS 1099 instructions indicate that there may be penalty for not providing the tax id. Shoud I still file the 1099 for him without the tax ID? Or it is better off not to file at all.

I need to issue a 1099 misc [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small business. I have contractor that Has done about $1000 worth of work which I Upcharged and reinvoiced. Where can I get a blank 1099 MISC and what is The procedure to the contractor and to the IRS?? Thanks, Larry

View more questions Search