Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Forgot to file interest income
    Hi,

I have just found a 1099-INT for 2002 reporting an amount of interest income from my saving account of $56.57.

I did not have a job in that year so I thought that I did not need to file my tax.

Should I re-file my CA and federal tax for 2002?

Note: I have been an international student since 2002 to now

Thank you very much and I am looking forward to hear from someone who can help.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 5, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Forget it. If you did not have enough income to be required to file, you did not have to file. The three years of filing an anended return is past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to file Income Tax on S.S. Income? [ 5 Answers ]

Regarding filing Income Taxes (over age of 70), on Social Security Income? Is there an amount of Social Security Received for the year that dictates whether I have to file Income Taxes on "only Social Security" only income earned in 2007, or any other year?:rolleyes:

How do I file capital gains and interest income as part itme resident in NC [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I just became a part time resident in NC July 2007. I was a full time resident of FL prior to that. How do I file NC state taxes for Stock capital gains that were puchased in 2004 in FL (while I was a full time resident there) and sold in 2007 two months after I became a part time...

F1 to H1, interest income [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was on F-1 till sep 30, 2006 and then my status changed to H1-B. I received some interest when I was on F-1 and some when I was on H1. Do I need to show all this interest as interest income for federal and state tax purposes, or only the interest I earned after going on H-1 status ( I...

I forgot to file state taxes in 02 [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out that I did not file state taxes in 02. I have not copies of my w2s and I can not find my 02 federal retrurn. What do I do? I need to file the state tax but have no idea where I even worked in 02... Thanks

Income Tax on Social Security & Interest Income [ 1 Answers ]

I collect SS, withdraw interest income monthly and sell real estate. I am wondering since my interest income & real estate commissions exceed the SS allowable income cap of $12,000 will my SS for the next year be reduced? Will my real estate expenses be deductible from taxes owed on my...

View more questions Search