Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normajean Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 10:09 AM
    International student -- which state do I pay taxes to?
    I'm an international student in Illinois. I've earned income in both Illinois and Tennessee, where I did a summer internship last year. Do I have to pay taxes on the income I earned in Tennessee to Illinois?
    normajean Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by normajean
    I'm an international student in Illinois. I've earned income in both Illinois and Tennessee, where I did a summer internship last year. Do I have to pay taxes on the income I earned in Tennessee to Illinois?
    Can anybody help me? I lived in Tennessee during the summer for the internship. Tennessee doesn't have state income tax so I had no state taxes withheld. Do I have to report this when I'm filing my Illinois taxes? I'm technically not a resident of Illinois either... I'm still on an F-1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State return PA and/or IN Student taxes [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am a resident of PA attending school full time in IN. I worked the summer in PA and during the school year in IN. I have two w-2's, PA and IN. I know there is some kind of agreement between the states but I don't know exactly what it is. I have filed my federal return, but I need help...

Do F1-visa student pay social security and Medicare Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am F1-visa student. Currently I am working using CPT program. I leave in US for two years. And I am working the same company for two years. Starting from January, 2007 they ask me if I am a citizen for tax purpose and have to pay social security and Medicare taxes. They also sent this link to me....

Live in NJ but pay NY state taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in NJ but I work in New York. I took a look at my pay stub and I'm paying Federal and NY state taxes but I am not paying NJ state taxes. Is this correct? I'm concerned that next year I will have to file a NJ state tax return and will not be credited for paying the NY state taxes...

State taxes for an F1 OPT student(PA and CA) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was on F1 visa status (OPT) for the year 2006. So I am still eligible to fill the 1040NR-EZ form. But my real confusion is with the state tax form and what form should I fill .I worked in to different states in 2006 . 1)I worked in Calif for the months from June to Nov 2)I moved to PA...

International student taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am currently working for a firm as part of my optional practical training, and work between 20-30 hours a week. I am being paid on the books, and am required to file my own taxes. Which form do I use? When do I file? Also, the company keeps sending me a W-9 Form which states specifically that...

View more questions Search