Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbarker75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Non-resident state tax withholdings?
    I live in TN but work in GA, do I owe GA state Taxes?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 19, 2008, 07:34 AM
    You owe taxes to the state of Georgia on work performed in the state of Georgia if you worked more than 23 days in a calendar quarter in Georgia or if 5% of total earned income is attributable to Georgia.

You would file a Georgia non resident state income tax form.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-resident State tax [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio and work in Kentucky. My place of employment withdrew Kentucky state tax. Do I file Ohio state tax or Kentucky state tax or both?

Resident or non resident for NY State and Tax Purposes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to figure out my filing status for New York State and City taxes. I'm a french national under an H1-B visa that started in October 06. Last year I filed as a Part Time Resident as I had only lived in the NYC for 3 months. But what about this year? I lived in the NYC for a year...

Non-resident GA state tax [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, hubby and I work for a trucking company based out of Georgia. We drive all over the country. We are Idaho residents, recently moved from WA. We have never been Georgia residents. Last year we filed non-resident for Ga, but still paid them over $2000 for the year. This doesn't seem fair at all....

Non Resident State Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in PA, but my company is in MA and deducts state taxes for MA. My W2 shows MA. Now I understand that I will be filing as a non resident of MA, but what about PA? Do I still file for PA taxes as I have been a full year resident here? My employer states that I can either file a PA state...

Part time resident or non-resident for state tax form? [ 3 Answers ]

:( hi, I was on F1 visa in Texas till the month of September. Then moved to North carolina in October to work on OPT till December. So I am still eligible to fill the 1040NR-EZ form. But my confusion is the state tax form since for Texas I did not have to fill one. And now in the D400 state tax...

View more questions Search