Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshinex3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 07:20 AM
    I married a canadian citizen
    I am a US:confused citizen ,in July I married a Canadian who thought his parents where naturalizen in the late 60's early 70's,come to find out they where not,Now we have to take steps to have him legalized in the US.I am so confused on how to begin this.What would be are first step to doing this?He only has a Canada ID.and school papers from when he went to school here in the 70's.And help will be helpful.:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 07:28 AM
    So basically he is in the US illegally if he does not have a visa to be here.

You will really need to get a immigration attorney,
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 03:12 PM
    How long has he been in the US?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian Citizen to renew Portuguese Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in Sao Miguel, Azores and lived there for 8 years before moving to Toronto, Canada. I am now a Canadian Citizen. Would like at this time to apply for a Portuguese Passport. How do I go about doing that and what do I need? Thank you for your assistance. Rcc

Canadian citizen in the United Satets [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend that entered the US in 1978 with her parents as a permanent resident alien. We understand certain rules changed in 1994, although she did not complete the paper work. She has been married and divorced twice with two children, one 17 and one 14, and is currently remarried. She has...

Working in PA on a H1B Visa. Canadian citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I am currently working on an H1B Visa for a non-profit. I am a Canadian citizen and been working here since the start of Sept 2006. Which Non Resident form do I fill out for federal income taxes? Is it the 1040EZ? Also, must I fill out a (PA) state income tax form as well? As a H1B...

View more questions Search