Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 05:37 PM
    I need my son's father out of our lives.
    I need information on how to terminate the rights of my son's father. Since my son was born he has been in and out of prison at least five times. He has a bad temper and violent tendencies. I need to make sure that my son and I are both safe and happy. How do I go about getting started on getting his rights terminated?
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

Mar 8, 2008, 06:11 PM
    It depends on your state. Does this man have anything to do with your child? If you give me more on the situation I can advise further. But most states will not bastardize a child unless someone wants to step in and adopt the child. But there are other measures to protect your child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 06:30 PM
    It may just not be possible, does the man ''Want or try to see the child" how old is the child ?

In many places if the father wants to be part of the child life, and you can prove he is a danger you can get the courts to requre supervised visits.
    You can also get a order of protecton against him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Your best bet is getting an attorney knowledgeable in Family Law. You need to be able to prove that he's a danger to your child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fianc? May not be my son's father [ 6 Answers ]

Well basically I got pregnant years ago.. I know many people say this but I am DEAD serious that I only cheated ONE time on him, and I didn't feel like I cheated because the other guy was having issues working with his equipment if you catch my drift.. anyhow it was only ONE TIME and a few months...

My son's last name is hyphenated, and I want to remove his father last name! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about legally changing my child's last name. I live in Chester County, PA. My son was born in 3/03. My son's father and I were never married, but I decided to give my child a hyphenated last name. When I had my son they did not put his fathers name on his birth certificate, but he...

Claiming a grandchild that lives with you or does father that lives elsewhere? [ 6 Answers ]

My 18 year old daughter lives with me full time, is full time high school student, has had a baby 12/5/07 and the baby also lives with me. I do claim my daughter as a dependent. The baby is covered by his fathers insurance. Who claims the baby as a dependent on their taxes, the father or myself?

Getting my son's father to sing over his rights [ 2 Answers ]

I want my son's father to sign over his right's (we haven not been together since I was 3 months pregnant, he was not there at the birth, but he he says he needs time to think about it)... it's been 4 months. What should be my next step, legally to get the ball rolling?

My son's father, visitation, etc [ 11 Answers ]

I have so many questions and concerns right now, I don't even know what to do anymore! First off, my ex-boyfriend and I have a child together. I recently moved out of his house, and back in with my parents. We were never married, so I know that means that I have sole custody of our son. I'm...

View more questions Search