Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddyatl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Worked in CA and GA in 2007, state taxes?
    Hi
    I am an Indian citizen (F-1 student visa) and non resident alien for tax purposes in state of GA. I earned around $15K in GA and around $15K in CA (over the summer) in FY 2007.

I have already finished the federal tax forms by taking into account total income of 2007.
    Is there any difference in the way I need to file GA taxes now because I earned in two different states?

Can you point me on how to file the CA state taxes as an international?
    Thanks.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 03:33 PM
    You will file as a NON-resident of BOTH GA and CA because of your international student status.

You WLL pay CA taxes on the income earned in CA, and GA taxes on the income earned in GA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lived and worked in NY, lived in NJ worked in NY in 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

I know I should probably get an accountant for my takes this year, but I figured I would ask. For the first part of the year I lived and worked in NYC until August when I had an apartment in both NYC and NJ :( . Then for the rest of the year I lived in NJ and worked in NYC. I also started paying on...

Worked in 2 states on H1. W2 shows only employer's state. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have worked in CT From Jan 2006 till Aug, 2006 and then from Sept2006 till date in PA. My employer is based in CT and my pay stubs show tax deduction for CT till date. I have lived in CT ( on lease ) when I was in CT working onsite as a consultant for a company in CT. Now I have...

How should I file my Taxes if I worked in 2 States [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, How should I file my taxes, and what forms should I use? Last year while I was finishing my graduate degree in Utah, and I was also working at the university. By the way, I was an international student. Now I am working in Massachusetts, on my work permit visa (optional practical training...

Lived and worked in different state than spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I apologize for the question: it's a complicated situation, and I'm afraid I'll have to pay for professional advice. But, in case somebody could help me, for free... :D , here is the situation: -husband and wife both work and live in MA. -husband gets a job in CT, while wife goes...

View more questions Search