Ask
    nexcellent79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 08:25 AM
    How do I find out who claimed my child?
    How do I find out who claimed my child?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 09:00 AM
    It has to be someone who would know you and know the child's social security number. So look at closer friends and family.

But report it to the IRS and let them investigate it.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 09:08 AM
    How did you reach the conclusion that some one claimed your child?

If you are the person who can claim the child, claim the child on your tax return. If someone else also claimed your child, both of you will get letters from the IRS. Then IRS will figure out who can actually claim the child.
    nexcellent79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    It has to be someone who would know you and know the childs social security number. so look at closer friends and family.

But report it to the IRS and let them investigate it.
    Do I have access to the records of who claimed my child? He will be 8 and I never have claimed him.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Nlo, the IRS will not reveal who claimed the child. They will just ask you to support your claim, and then decide who get the exemption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone claimed my child on taxes [ 21 Answers ]

I e filed my taxes and to my surprise someone I don't even know who it is claimed one of my children what steps do I take to find out who it is and what do I do about it:mad:

Exhusband claimed child fraudulently [ 2 Answers ]

I recently efiled taxes for my husband and myself only to have them rejected because someone already claimed my son. It turns out that my exhusband claimed him after we discussed it and I told him no. I have custody of my son, a divorce decree stating that I claim him and I did not sign a release...

I am trying to find the title of 80s child movie. [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie I waltched as a child in the early 80's (I think) it was about a girl and I think she was in a hospital and some how she escapes and finds her self in like a crate with a chicken and finds trees with lunch boxes growing off it. Then there are like these men that have feet...

How to find out who is claiming my child [ 5 Answers ]

My son's mother and I have not been together in over five years, my son is now 9 and has lived with me exclusively for the past five years. Each year I have tried to claim my son as a deduction and each year I have been told that someone else has claimed him. I asssumed it was his mother, but I...

View more questions Search