Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutelilprep87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Claiming me.
    Can my parent legally claim me if I'm over 18 and not a student but live in their house?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Yes, if you are a qualifyig dependent, which would be the case if you have gross income of less than $3,400 for the year and your parents provide over 50% of your financial support. See the following for details:
    Publication 501 (2007), Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Agreed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming my children [ 4 Answers ]

I was divorced over 10 years ago. In our divorce papers my ex can claim 2 of our 3 children if he is current with child support. Child support also meaning, being current on paying 1/2 of all medical, dental and vision bills. In the 10 years of being divorced, he has never paid not one red cent...

Claiming a newborn [ 4 Answers ]

We had a baby in June, we are not married and are filing separately. Who should claim the baby on their taxes?

Claiming 3 [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is claiming 3 and is wonder if there is some kind of formula to tell how much money he is going to get back on his taxes, or if there is not enough being taken out and he needs to change it to claim less. Does anyone know where I can find any information to help him?

Claiming a dependent [ 4 Answers ]

We were divorced almost 2 years ago and I have custody of our only child under 18. I claimed him on my taxes in 2005 and again in 2006. My ex claims because she pays child support that she should have been able to claim him in 2006. In our decree it doesn't state it either way. When I had my taxes...

Claiming Children [ 1 Answers ]

My sister has 3 children in which I help her take care of. I provide at least 50% of funding for the children yearly, due to financial reasons. Neither my sister nor her children live with me but I financially help during the entire year. Is it OK for me to claim one of the children on my income...

View more questions Search