Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magilla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Am I eligible for unemployment?
    I worked at a full-time job for over a year. I did no freelance work at this time. I then got laid off. I filed for unemployment but have not collected--I would need to call in. Right after filing, I was offered some freelance work that I did at home over a period of about 2 weeks. I billed for several thousand dollars. Now the work is over. Can I still collect unemployment or have I somehow disqualified myself?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Freelance work is still considered employment I believe, and as you pay taxes on it, I'm guessing it would make you ineligible for unemployment... Call the unemployment office and ask, to be sure.
    lboogie76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 01:33 PM
    My job fired me but told unemployment that I quit will get my benefits
    amuck57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 08:13 AM
    I'm a self employed carpenter in savannah Ga. Have been in business for 15 years and I will be going out of business soon, I have been paying my estimated taxes every 3 months. Am I eligible for unemployment.
    And how do I go about collecting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I eligible to file Bankruptcy? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in credit card debt for approximately $10,000 and all are in judgement status. 1) Am I eligible to file Bankruptcy? 2) Is there a minimum amount of debt owed to qualify for bankruptcy? 3) Can someone direct me to a web site to get info on the new Bankruptcy laws that have been passed? ...

Am I eligible for a Portugeuse Passport? [ 1 Answers ]

My both my maternal grandparents and my mother were born in the Cape Verde Islands (when they were still a territory of Portugal). I'm looking to relocate to the UK and a friend told me that I should be able to get a Portuguese passport; without forfeiting my US citizenship. I was born in the US...

View more questions Search