Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 02:00 PM
    I have a contractor that provided service to repair a furnace. He invoiced us for labor and parts on one invoice. Is this total amount included on 1099MISC or do you break it down.

Are visiting nurse associations eligible to receive a 1099Misc form with reportable income in box 6?

When a vendor has LLC behind it, do they qualify for a 1099MISC?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Put the 1099-MISC just for the labor. Any markup on the parts is profit for the vendor to declare.

Yes, the visiting nurse assn gets a Form 1099 unless it is a corporation.

LLC is a LEGAL entity, not a tax entity. Send them the 1099-MISC.
    ivonne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
    After I sent out all my 1099 to the IRS what do I do next...
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 10:08 PM
    You need to send copies of the 1099 to the state tax authorities and to each individual. Retain file copies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099-misc [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I was a full time student and also during that time I worked as a T.A and consequently have the W-2 with that income and also as an independent contractor (I have the 1099 MISC which corresponds to that income). As I understand it even though my total gross income is below the minimum...

1099-misc, ss-8, etc. Need help! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, hopefully someone can help me here. This last summer I worked for the University of Michigan as an undergraduate student researcher. I worked under a professor and in my opinion was CLEARLY an employee. However, I recently received a good old 1099-MISC form from U of Michigan stating the...

1099-misc Help! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, so here is a tough one for you... hopefully you can help me out! This is very confusing for me! I am Canadian and work in the United States under the Trade NAFTA agreement. I commute almost everyday so I do not live in the US. I work for a very small company where I fall in...

F1, w-2 and 1099-Misc [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I did go across lot of threads and it helped me. But I hope I can get answers to my queries. I was on F1- status throughout last year. However I was paid on 1099-misc and w-2 by two employers. My Questions 1) Do I need to attach 1099-misc or is the employer tax id enough? ...

F1, 1099-misc and w-2s [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member. Its nice to see so many people here who can help. Here's my situation: My status in 2004: Student on F1 (I still am on F1 until my H1 is approved) Was attending school full-time until: August 19, 2004 Working on OPT since August 20, 2004. My nationality: Indian I...

View more questions Search