Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wannabeme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Tape on new paint
    I am painting a room with 2 colors. How long do I need to wait for the first color to dry before I can put painters tape on it and avoid peeling?
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jul 11, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Proper drying time depends on the humidity and temperature along with the type of paint. (oil base, Latex, enamel,gloss, satin, all of these things figure in to the drying time. If a latex (water based) paint is used then wait at least 24 hours. Use the blue painters tape not just some masking tape or peeling you will have. Then as soon as you are completed remove the tape before it dries in. Don't leave it on too long!

Jul 11, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeme
    I am painting a room with 2 colors. How long do I need to wait for the first color to dry before I can put painters tape on it and avoid peeling?
    -- It is latex paint in a bedroom.
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jul 11, 2007, 07:50 PM
    I stand pat with my first response

Jul 11, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasCKeat
    I stand pat with my first response
    --Thank you!! That's a great help. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tape Lines(?) showing after ceiling paint job [ 3 Answers ]

I have a home that is 5 months old. The builder was in both yesterday and today repairing nail pops etc and repainting the ceiling. Everything looked great until I looked up and saw an straight bubble like line running across the width of my hallway. It wasn't there before. It would appear to be...

Paint peeling from painters tape in new condo? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I purchased a condo in 2004 and was told it was painted with Benjamin Moore paint. Recently I decided to liven it up a bit, and so started replacing the "linen" with other more vibrant colors. When I did the downstairs bathroom, I had some issues when using the blue (Scotch 3M) painters...

How much pipe thread tape to use? [ 5 Answers ]

Yikes. I was installing the tub spout and the copper stub-out was way too long. I measure and measured again and cut it too short. It doesn't extend far enough Into the spout to seal. Can I use silicone or something? What others options To I have? The spout is the type you described in a...

Bad Tape Job [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a chance to by a fixer upper and noticed that the dry wall joints had been badly taped and could be seen through the paint and/or falling off all together. What is the best way to handle this?

View more questions Search