Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbspeterlee Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 05:58 AM
    Extra Federal Tax US$2269.12 Paid using "2008 estimated Tax Voucher 1" NOT on W-2
    I just received my 2008 W-2 form, finding that the extra Federal Tax US$2269.12 I paid using "2008 estimated Tax Voucher 1" is not reflected on my W-2 form (My bank account shows that the money is deducted).

Is that normal? If not, how can I deal with that? Thank you.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 10:10 AM

Whom did you pay the extra tax of $2269.12?
    You get W2 from your employer; not from IRS.
    The estimated taxed are paid to IRS. It will never appear on W2.
    bbspeterlee Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MukatA View Post
    Whom did you pay the extra tax of $2269.12?
    You get W2 from your employer; not from IRS.
    The estimated taxed are paid to IRS. It will never appear on W2.
    I made a mistake on my W-4 form, so I didn't pay the federal tax for the first 3 months. However, I corrected the W-4 form later, but I was told I should pay the federal tax $2269.12 I owed to IRS before April 15 in order to avoid a possible fine.

I paid the estimated tax to "United States Treasury" (by check) using "2008 Estimated Tax Payment Voucher 1".

When I declare my tax for the year of 2008, where should I put my $2269.12, so that I could get as more tax back as possible?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 12:15 AM

Yes, you will report this on line 63 of Form 1040.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

"Dream On" remake 2008 [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the artist who recently did a remake of Aerosmith's "Dream On"?

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? Part2 [ 2 Answers ]

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a store in which the rent for the past 3 years has been $9K/month. I have 2 years left on the lease. I've spoken over the phone and have many email...

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a store in which the rent for the past 3 years has been $9K/month. I have 2 years left on the lease. I've spoken over the phone and have many email correspondence with the leasing director of the realty company about giving me lower rent since the weakening economy due to high energy...

View more questions Search