How to date a mauser rifle

Asked Jan 28, 2010, 06:55 AM 3 Answers
    I have a mauser zf41 rifle it has a BRNO frciever. Serial # on left side of receiver is 7319-02. Serial on the bolt is 350. I would like to find out if it is authentic, if so the age of the gun. >Contact information Removed<

Last edited by Curlyben; Jan 28, 2010 at 07:05 AM.
    colbtech's Avatar
    colbtech Posts: 728, Reputation: 64
    Senior Member

#2

Jan 28, 2010, 07:32 AM
    According to this website WWII Mauser G33/40 Carbine & ZF41 Scope - Live Firearms and Shotguns the ZF41 is the scope not the rifle. Are you sure you have the correct model?

Try this site: http://www.mauserwaffen.de/Rifles.61.0.html?&L=1
    hipih8er's Avatar
    hipih8er Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

#3

Jan 28, 2010, 08:42 AM

You need to remove the scope mounts not just the scope to get an accurate date. You are looking for a symbol i.e. sun burst or other under the front scope mount. On another note, most Mauser rifles have the date of man. On the Left side of the chamber in german usually made in berlin
    hipih8er's Avatar
    hipih8er Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

#4

Jan 28, 2010, 08:47 AM
    Im sorry 1 more thing is it necked for 30-06 or 8 mm a lot of these guns were brought back from germany and necked for 30-06 for hunting.if it is necked for 30-06 it isn't worth much. Because this pretty much ruined the accuracy of the rifle being the 8mm is slightly larger, so 30-06 rounds tend to bounce side to side down the barrel when fired.

Owning a rifle [ 2 Answers ]

I want to own a rifle again but I have two 1st degree misdemeanor, a resisting arrest and a corruption of minor, both in adams county pa, will that hold me back when applying?

Date of antique rifle [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to date a very old rifle. I could not find a serial number. The wooden stock appears to be hand carved. The only words printed on the metal are: Guyandot ( a place in West Virgina) Emmon HDWE CO. Huntington W VA ANy information at all would be appreciated!

Rifle Dating [ 1 Answers ]

How do I date a winchester rifle for verifacation of age

Date a rifle [ 5 Answers ]

A number of years ago, I was given a rifle that belonged to my grandfather. It is a Winchester Model 67-22 Short. These particular models do not have serial numbers so dating them is difficult. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with these rifles and could give me some pointers on how to...