Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geoffrey1951 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Computer Virus
    I have a trojan on my PC called generic.cd it is in the file icc.dll in Windows. I am using McAfee anti virus software. The trojan cannot be cleaned and the file cannot be deleted. I have quarantened the trojan but when I rescan the PC it has returned. I tried the McAfee online help but without success.
    Any help in how to remove this trojan would be Appreciated.
    Thanks
    Geoff
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 4, 2006, 05:11 AM
    Have you tried a different scanner like Trend Housecall, its an online scanner and works very well.

If this doesn't help could you let us know which operating system and where the file is located and we maybe able to help more.

Here is some more information you may find useful.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Feb 4, 2006, 05:55 AM
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100015.htm

Is the McAfee web address to look at the info concerning this back-door trojan.Please read the page carefully.All of it.
    This is how the hacker can gain control of your pc:

Once the server component is installed on the victim machine, it opens a port and typically issues a notification to the hacker. The hacker can then connect to that machine using the client component.

Look down the page for their removal recommendations.According to them,it is a low threat for home users.But that is bad enough.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 4, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Hi,
    Try Curlyben's suggestion and let us know. McAfee is having so many problems. I have McAfee in the Office which I badly want to change but due to some package issues I am unable to get another one. However, most of my friends in the Company is not happy with McAfee.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2006, 06:15 AM
    Hi,
    Good link by Nez. Here is the final link you should be at:
    http://download.nai.com/products/mca...SysRestore.htm

It's for ME and XP, with instructions on how to disable System Restore, which probably has the infected file stored in the path given at the site. When you run your Virus Scan, it misses the file in System Restore.
    After disabling it, you can then delete the file from System Restore.
    Best of luck.
    PS; Would like to also recommend AVG (http://www.grisoft.com) over the Antivirus Program you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Virus [ 4 Answers ]

I have trend Pcillin virus scanner which finds the follwing viruses : ADW_NCASE.A ADW_MIWAY WORM SOBER A These are shown as deleted but when I scan again they are still there When I do AVG virus scan - these do not show Helppppp please - are they there or not Thanks

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search