USA Today/
    Gallup -------09/05-09/07---LV -------54---------- 44--------McCain +10

Rasmussen
    Tracking -----09/05-09/07---LV ------48----------- 47--------McCain +1

Hotline/FD
    Tracking -----09/05-09/07---RV ------44 -----------44---------- Tie

Gallup
    Tracking----- 09/05-09/07---RV ------49----------- 44------- McCain +5

Now... within this data is the bounce from the RNC. I do not expect McCain's advantage to last. But this is going to be a TIGHT race over the next month and a half. And I predict that if Obama doesn't have a double digit lead a going into the election, he will lose. And I don't think he can pick up that double-digit lead.

Elliot
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 02:41 PM
    If more people pay attention, Obama won't have double digit anything soon.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 8, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Elliot- Races are usually considered a dead heat when the candidiates are witin 4 points. With the average at 2.9, then there it is, a very tight race. I forget exactly when the debates start, but I know they're soon. Conventions and debates tend to effect the polls. I'm not exactly sure what all the formats will end up being in the debates, but if I'm clear of work and family responsibilities for at least an hour, I'll be tuning in. I prefer to watch all three Pres debates and the VP debate live, but I may end up watching reruns with my busy schedule.

Twinkie- If the public becomes blind to recent past and people occur sudden memory loss, while at the voting booth, then McCain's a lock. It's McCain's (and the Pubs) challenge to keep the audience hypnotized between now and Nov 4th. I'm doubtful of that happening, but we'll see.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 8, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Maybe people will remember who didn't follow GW Bush's recommendations about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Dem controlled House & Senate have about as low an approval rating as it can go. The spinmeisters will blame Bush though, of course.

Sep 8, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Maybe people will remember who didn't follow GW Bush's recommendations about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Dem controlled House & Senate have about as low an approval rating as it can go. The spinmeisters will blame Bush though, of course.
    Huh? Galveston, uhmmm in 2002 (trying to clear my throat while my drink spews out my nose), the Republican Party won control of both houses of Congress. Hello! The Congress was not always controlled by the Democrats. Your choice of president "Dubya" wasn't effective with a Republican majority either. It wasn't until the 2006 elections that the Senate (upper house) became split Pubs-49, Dems-49, Ind-2. Then the House of Representatives (lower house) became majority Democrat.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    It's McCain's (and the Pubs) challenge to keep the audience hypnotized between now and Nov 4th. I'm doubtful of that happening, but we'll see.
    Hello Bobby:

Hypnosis is ALL they got. But, like Obama said, I don't think Americans are stupid.

However... Fool me once, I'll live through 8 years of dufusness. Fool me twice, I'm moving.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Debate schedule

First presidential debate
    Friday, September 26
    The University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
    Jim Lehrer
    Executive Editor and Anchor, The NewsHour, PBS

Vice presidential debate
    Thursday, October 2
    Washington University in St. Louis, Mo.
    Gwen Ifill
    Senior Correspondent, The NewsHour, and Moderator and Managing Editor, Washington Week, PBS

Second presidential debate (town meeting)
    Tuesday, October 7
    Belmont University, Nashville, Tenn.
    Tom Brokaw
    Special Correspondent, NBC News

Third presidential debate
    Wednesday, October 15
    Hofstra University, Hempstead, N.Y.
    Bob Schieffer
    CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent, and Host, Face the Nation

PBS gets 2 CBS and NBC 1 each and ABC gets shut out... The Dems have been afraid of ABC since Stephanopoulos and Gibson actually asked tough questions to them .
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Maybe people will remember who didn't follow GW Bush's recommendations about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
    Of course the F~Macs and Maes deserve their own thread.

I want an independent investigator to see who got rich from this . Be prepared to see people like Chris Dodd and Barney Franks (along with Jamie Gorelick )frog marched if this is seriously investigated . By comparison Enron was small potatoes.

And what to do with them now that we the people own them?? I say we should adopt a Sarah Palin solution... put them on eBay!!

Sep 9, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    PBS gets 2 CBS and NBC 1 each and ABC gets shut out ...... The Dems have been afraid of ABC since Stephanopoulos and Gibson actually asked tough questions to them .
    Wrong. ABC is often weak on factual journalism and high on opinion commentary. And that simply didn't translate into quality debate time using their moderators for either candidate. The Pubs couldn't stomach ABC because of their slant towards the Dems from past elections, and the Obama campaign because of their slant towards the Clinton's during the primaries.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 03:45 PM
    If the Republican are so ABC adverse then why is Charles Gibson getting the 1st interview with Palin (besides the fact that Oprah is so biased for Obama that she declined to have Palin on her show until after the elections)?

As for the Obama position on ABC ;yes he did not stand up to semi-tough questioning about his tax positions by Gibson or his associations with William Ayers... and Stephanopoulos had the" audacity " to ask that question after he had been interviewed by Sean Hannity. Therefore Stephanopoulos is a heratic.

Sep 10, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Tom, you forget that the debates were set between the parties before McCain pulled his last minute Palin choice for VP. I don't know the connection between Palin and Gibson, giving him first interview dibs. My guess is from knowing him in the popular Iditarod race coverage.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
    I think if Obama can get the younger college ages voters to actually vote, He should win.

I think, by picking Palin and energizing social conservatives, McCain scored big with a group that came out and voted to give Bush 2004.

I would think with the economy the way it is , Obama should be way ahead, but maybe the voting public is smart enough not to fall for all the promises of increased entitlements.

Sep 10, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    I would think with the economy the way it is , Obama should be way ahead, but maybe the voting public is smart enough not to fall for all the promises of increased entitlements.
    Or the voting public could be dumb enough to think the Republicans under McCain would not expand government like Dubya did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

K-Test Poll [ 11 Answers ]

K-Test Poll Has the K-Test helped you identify a bad Engine Control Module (ECM) in your Honda Civic or Accord, which caused you to replace it and get your car running again? If it has, I'd like to chronicle that fact here.

Let's take a poll [ 12 Answers ]

Now that both parties have their team let's see what a straw vote on Ask Me Help Desk will show, and if you want to make a statement do but don't slam what someone has said before you, just give your thoughts.

A recent poll [ 25 Answers ]

A recent Gallup poll showed the following: So, 43% of those polled would not be bothered much or at all if the USA is seen as having lost the war in Iraq. Nearly half the country doesn't give a crap if we lose or not. Does that bother you? Is that how you feel? Elliot

I'm taking a poll [ 8 Answers ]

I've already asked the questions I needed answered about my ex and her child raising methods. Now I just actually want to get a count from as many people as possible. I just want everybody to answer with a simple yes or no to these three Questions. Question#1- Is it acceptable for a 4 year old...

View more questions Search