Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Mar 19, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Laptop stopped typing help
    Laptop stopped typing, my daughter has no idea what she has done, you can still click on anything, but you can not type on it, is there a botton to push to make it type again, like the number lock button or something

LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2006, 02:46 AM
    Yes, many laptops have a key lock key. It's normally the function key (fn) and then one of the F keys. The key should have a picture on it of something like a padlock.

So on my lappy - It's FN + F6 to lock/unlock the keyboard. I have no idea if this will stay after a reboot though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Typing at home [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for an online business where I can do typing at home to earn extra money. I have had 5 years of typing and can type 60wpm. I can work at this from 10 hours to 50 hours a week. Signed csnow51

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Automatic typing [ 13 Answers ]

When I am typing a message, something/someone types in on my message. It's like a ghost typing! How can I get this to stop. Thanks

Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish. [ 1 Answers ]

For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo". I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes. Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to...

View more questions Search