Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    umrah Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Do wife have the right to reject sex with husband
    Do wife have the right to reject sex with husband
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Jan 8, 2011, 08:22 PM
    Yes. The woman can refuse any time or every time. She has free will. When a husband forces his wife to have sex against her will it's called rape. Criminal Sexual Conduct, 2nd degree. 1st degree if the woman suffers lasting physical or mental trauma from it. Marriage is not a free pass for sex on demand. That's not my opinion. It's the law.

Jan 8, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Comment on RustyFairmount's post
    I should add that I know this because I served as the foreman on a jury that heard such a case.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2011, 09:22 PM

WHAT country do you live in... I understand under Islamic law she doesn't. Under Western law she does however. So its important to know where you live, few laws are universal.

BUT its legitimate grounds for a divorce as well if she does.

Jan 8, 2011, 09:31 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    Good point. My answer was in context of US law. I don't know the laws of other countries. In the USA, woman may refuse sex at any time for any reason.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 07:58 AM

Based on the OP's user name... I'm guessing a possible far east or middle east residence or at least origion. And we do get users from from very unexpected places.

Jan 9, 2011, 09:53 PM
    Let's ask that question: In what legal jurisdiction do you live? Country, state, province, etc?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 08:20 AM

I don't think that the legal jurisdiction has anything to do with it. Regardless of where you are you can refuse sex. It is the right of any woman, anywhere.

The issues come on the dynamics of the marriage. In some relationships you can refuse and your husband can ignore your declination and take what he wants. Others will allow either side to refuse. Both scenarios will occur in the USA or Iran/Iraq for example.

Up bringing and religious background do play a role. If faith is an important part of your life then discuss it with your rabbi, priest, imam, or head of your local place of worship.

If faith doesn't play a role then talk to your husband and explain why you're refusing sex. If it is a legitimate reason then I am sure he will understand.

An endnote. Don't use sex for power games in your marriage. It is toxic and your marriage will collapse around you. Don't trade sex for favours, money, or possessions. It will devalue the entire act and the meaning behind it. Instead of it being an acting and expression of love and feelings it will become a business transaction.

Does that answer your question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife sex with ex husband before we married [ 4 Answers ]

Should I tell him? I think he knows because he asks questions that lead me to believe he suspects something. We weren't married yet. My ex and I had sex while I was engaged to my current husband. I had not had sex with my fiancé yet, but then I had sex with my fiancé about a week later because...

Wife lost sex drive but only toward husband [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I will try to keep this brief. A while ago I encouraged my wife to sleep with another man (I now realise I was stupid) She saw this man a few times and she says felt affection for him but not love. I asked it to stop as I was worried it was turning into something serious, she did stop but...

Husband won't have sex with wife? [ 12 Answers ]

Ive been married almost a year now and my husband and I used to have sex alllll the time. Now I pray he decideds to touch me at some point in the day... I am not ugly or anything like that... When he does attempt which is rare, he does it in a way in which I am in no way shape or form turned on. ...

View more questions Search