Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cantnot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 08:54 AM
    I was told I have a curse on me
    Okay,

Let me begin by saying that I have felt crazy for the past few days. Anyway—As far back as I can remember it seems like I’ve always had bad luck. I really don’t know if this is true for everyone, or if I’m one of the extreme cases. I’ve always felt as if something was holding me back, preventing me from thinking. My mother passed away merely 3 years ago, unexpectedly, no one really knows what happened, other than one day she went missing, and 6 months later her body shows up in a river 70 miles west of where she was last seen.

So, I was shopping yesterday, feeling very vulnerable, and I noticed this sign for a fortune teller near the mall where I was (Huntington, WV) So I go in and get a reading. Please excuse me if I’m not using the correct verbiage that she did, but I hope someone can understand what this lady told me—she told me I’d have a long life, money and what not. She also said that I have a demon inside me.. She said I was an old soul, and good hearted, but the demon won't let me rest. She also said I had a curse placed on me. She said for 225.00 she could do a spiritual cleanse and free me of the demon and the curse; they're 75.00 each, she said one wasn't enough for me, and that I need 3.

Anyway, what exactly does a spiritual cleanse consist of?

She mentioned that I always have bad luck—which seems to be true, but who doesn’t, you know? She claimed to have spoke w/ my mother, she said my mother died of an injury to the head.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
    I might get a lot of crap for this... but I'm not a believer of psychics or fortune tellers.

Feels like a scam just to get some of your money.

Was there an autopsy done on your mother? Did she die from an injury to the head?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 09:10 AM
    This is a very famous scam by unscrupulous psychics and fortune tellers. They tell you that there is a curse on you, or that someone has it in for you, and if you pay them a certain amount they will take care of it for you. It is not true. The only time there is a curse on you is when you curse yourself by constantly thinking negatively.

Turn it around. Think positively. Look for the advantages you have in each situation. If something unlucky happens then think about the ways that it could have been worse and understand how lucky you really are.
    cantnot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    I might get a lot of crap for this...but I'm not a believer of psychics or fortune tellers.

feels like a scam just to get some of your money.

was there an autopsy done on your mother? did she die from an injury to the head?

No one really knows how she died--the state didn't tell us much, other than the body was so badly decomposed that the fact they positively identified it was a miracle. The cause of death was listed as undetermined.
    Bardonicus Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Feb 14, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Scam or not, one thing remain certain, 90% of a curses power is you feeding it power. Through believing in it, thinking about it, fearing it etc. Laugh it off and see if that helps, literally laugh it off. Just start canning yourself when ever you feel scared by it. If it's a scam then at least you get a good laugh and if it's not then you reduce its power tremendously.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 12:17 PM
    There are no such thing as curses, hexes etc... These things are what fake psychics use to try and scare and manipulate people into thinking that people need their help to get rid of these things. A fake psychic is someone who pretends to have gifts that they don't, and because they don't have these gifts the only way they can bring you in or make you believe in them is by scaring you, once they have you scared they can ask for ridiculous amounts of money to supposedly help you get rid of your curse. You have no curse or hex on you, these fake psychics didn't care about you, there only thought was what they could get out of you. Its fakes like that, that give real and genuine psychics and mediums a bad name.

The things in your life that have been happening can be traced back to different circumstances, attitudes that you and those around you acted upon in your life, many of the bad relationships and so forth can be traced back to you, how you feel about yourself, low self esteem, low confidence etc...

I have also studied severely earth based religions and I have found that the only way that anything negative can reach out and touch you is by belief, the mind is a terribly strong machine and your own belief can make things happen. If, someone's scares you and tells you that your cursed and that bad things will happen because of this, then the power of your own belief can make these things happen...

Rest assure, you are not cursed... your never have been... You probably need the money more than that psychic
    You would be paying her rent and it may keep going -- more sessions more money -- can YOU afford that
    Go to You Tube Video and learn a magic trick -- psychics are like magicians-- they use tricks on you $$$$$
    Robert Brenner Posts: 53, Reputation: 13

Feb 14, 2008, 03:04 PM
    CANTNOT,
    Sorry to hear of your experience, a lot of what she said, I understand as I do aura readings and work with energy of human body electromagnetic fields, but, I am not a pychic.

I don't think you have any demons, or curses, We don't have that kind of power over another. Unless you put a curse on you? LOL. Don't give anyone any money for this clearing. You can clear all thi yourself, with meditation, chakra clearing and balancing your energies. If I can help, let me know, and... I'll DO IT FOR "FREE"

IN LIGHT LOVE AND PEACE, ROBERT
    babymac53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 03:32 PM
    You have had some very unhappy events in your life. Don't pay someone to convince you to create more problems for yourself. If you want to believe in something, believe in a Higher Power such as GOD or whatever. Believe in goodness and kindness and spend time around others who feel the same and experience the experience of positive energies that you already possess. You don't have to pay for this. Life can be better for you. Leave the past in the past and move on. It's not easy and there is no evidence to indicate that life is FAIR. Even the psychic said you are good hearted so she wasn't entirely wrong. Be Strong!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 04:27 PM
    They only way a curse will every work is that you believe in it,

The only way to break a curse is just not believe in them any more. No one can break it or take it, the only thing this person wants to take from you is your money. And in fact that would only help give you more bad luck, losing your money foolishly.

Bad things happen, more to some than others,
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 06:35 PM
    You'll have worse luck if you end up out money because you gave it to her.
    IF you have a curse the best thing to do is work your way out of it.
    I feel as though I have a curse because I have been living the same "Groundhog" day type life over and over for the past few years and NOTHING changes. But I am going to keep trying until it does.

The only way I would even begin to trust her is if she told you something very detailed that NOBODY else could have known AND it was something that wasn't typical.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a curse put on me! [ 23 Answers ]

I have had the worse luck for as long as I can remember.(bad luck isn't even the word) Absolutely everyone in my family is messed up to the point where I had to disown all of them to ever have a normal life. So I left home when I was 15, I've always tried and tried and been a very strong person....

Could a curse be preventing me from finding a job? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been on several interviews but I haven't been selected for jobs I am qualified for. Could someone have a curse on me relating to jobs?

I have not told anyone this, but. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but I am having a really hard time at the moment and I wanted some objective help. My life is a bit of a mess and I don't know where to begin to be honest. My mother and father have both been clinically depressed for years and my brother is currently...

Being told to get out. [ 4 Answers ]

My friend purchased a Townhouse and asked me to move in. I agreed and offered to pay monthly rent and have been since I've moved in over a year now. I receive my mail there, make my meals, wash my clothes and park my car. Being that we are friend no formal agreements were made or signed, just a...

1957 Curse of the Demon [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the arcane text that Dr. John Holden (Dana Andrews) is trying to locate in 1957's Curse of the Demon"? TItle must be complete.

View more questions Search