Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snoforlife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 08:23 AM
    Roommates won't leave
    I let what was my friend move in with his wife and 2 little kids because they were getting kicked out of their apt. they needed a place to stay for a month while they looked for another place to live (that was 6 months ago). They are nearly 2 months behind in rent (and the wife just quit her job) , I don't think they are going to be able to make it up. Lately he has been in a very bad mood, and 2 days ago he tried to get into a fight with me, when I would fight him he shoved me across the yard. (he seems to be getting more aggressive by the day). So yesterday I tried to serve them with a eviction/late payment notice. He threw it back in my face. What can I do. I don't think it right that I should be worried about going home for I don't know what's going to happen.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Depending on where you are (state, assuming you are in the U.S.), what you tried to give him may suffice as a notice to quit. How much time did you give him to either pay or get out? Normally, at least 3 days is required, other places possibly more.

Then, when the requisite time has happened, you would file suit to have him evicted. A hearing would be scheduled, he and his wife would be served with process, and at the hearing the judge would sign an order that if they are not out by a time certain the police are to make them leave.
    get8p Posts: 59, Reputation: 4

Jun 15, 2012, 08:39 AM
    /\ What he said.

I say he has no right to act like that to u. If I turned up to be in situation like that, you'd be my best friend. Don't even try to talk to him after that, just go straight and fill the papers.
    snoforlife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 08:43 AM
    I like in rochester ny, so I have at least a couple more months for this to get settled cause I have to go through the courts. Even though I'm worried that I might get injured by the husband.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommates boyfriend refuses to leave [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so here is the situation. Last week my roomates boyfriend went psycho on me, threatened to kick my or even kill me and just lost his temper in a major way. I left the house for 5 days and cooled off and made a decision that the boyfriend, who is not on the lease and does not contribute to...

View more questions Search