Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lajh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 02:20 PM
    High school uniforms
    Should High School Students be forced to wear uniforms? What are the pros, cons, and statistics?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 05:56 PM
    I think this is one of those neverending debates. Pro: No one can be discriminated against for their clothing. Con: It's hindering children's sense of style, personality, and individuality. I personally don't think schools need uniforms, just a weel-enforced dress code.
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Sep 10, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Uniform in my opinion is a good thing. Everyone in the school environment is turned down a notch and is in the same level as others. Kids aren't classified as this and that.
    didoqt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 03:30 AM

My school forces us to wear uniforms. But we kind of break some rules :P
    Generally, it IS a good thing. You don't feel diff from anyone. No one is better than anyone else. You feel you're all equal, no matter what your nationality,religion, or social class is.
    however, it sometimes gets pretty boring! But you can still have what we call "color days" :D
    you can select certain days in which you can wear whatever you want. This satisfies everyone. =]
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 07:15 AM

I had to wear uniforms in grade school, I think the only thing I liked about it was the fact that I never had to figure out what to wear. I always knew. Lol
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2009, 03:45 PM

Heck no. Man, am freaking tired of wearing uniform in middle school already! And elementary!! (in my case, I don't know about you guys)
    engee182 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 08:00 PM

There are many ups and downs to a uniform. One is that you don't have to pick out what to wear. And no one can judge you by the way you dress (everyone is obviously dressed the same)

However, cons are that it takes away individuality. The students sense of being themselves.

I'm sure that there are studies over this.

Personally, I'm 100% against uniforms. I would rather be myself and be criticized than to hide behind dressing the same as everyone else in the entire school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School Uniforms in High Schools [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am writing an essay and I as wondering what people thought about school uniforms in high schools. Please reply and help me out thanks!! :)

School uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to ask about school uniforms,I am taking part in a debate competition and the motion is school uniforms should be abolished.I really need help here.I need to noe the pros and the cons of school uniforms as well As opinions.PLEASE and thanks a million!

School uniforms [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter goes to a private elementary school, I'm pretty sure that I cannot deduct the cost of her tuition. But Does Anyone Know If I Can Deduct The Cost Of Her Uniforms. They Are Required. We Are Doing Our Taxes Ourselves And We Need Help.

School uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

Uniforms should be abolished. I have to writa debate in the favour of the motion. Please tell me more about "why uniforms should be abolished?":) :)

School uniforms [ 1 Answers ]

Okay here is my first question: What are the reasons we should change school uniforms to civilian ones?:D *civillian=Any type of wear :D :) THANKS! Please help me its about my debate

View more questions Search