Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    docehomad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 04:41 AM
    I have a cracked tooth
    I have a cracked tooth but it does not hurt much only now and again but I am too scared to tell my parents in case they get cross. What should I do ?and what would the dentist do?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 08:44 AM

I would tell your parents if I were you. It is better to get it taken care of now then later. Then they might be more upset if it could have been taken care of for less money than later. The dentist might pull it of put a filling in it or cap it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2009, 09:38 AM

Large fillings typically weaken teeth, especially the molars.

Chipped and cracked mean different things to me. Chipped, means a chunk broke off. Cracked means something like a hairline rack in a tooth.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 03:30 PM
    I guess the question is how did you crack it? Why would your parents get upset? If you have it looked at now it will probably cost less money than if you wait for the tooth to bother you or fall apart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Pull adult tooth down just lost baby tooth [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 40 and just had one of my last 2 baby teeth fall out. They are both the 2nd from the middle 2 teeth. Six months ago the dentist shared they he would need to pull it out and then pull down the other tooth. He estimated that being about $8k. Is that true? I have another baby tooth on the...

Cracked tooth from burger restaurant [ 11 Answers ]

I was eating a burger from a local fast food restaurant, and bit into a piece of bone, my tooth kind of throbbed all day, woke up that night with pain, can feel it all the way in my ear, went to dentist the next day they did x-rays cannot find the issue, so they want to open up the filling inside...

No money to get tooth pulled and a false tooth then needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tooth that needs to be pulled and I will need a false tooth. I do not have dental insurance. The tooth will cost about 300.00. Is there dental insurance that I can get that will pay for this procedure now or will I have to wait until I have had the insurance for a while?

Cracked Tooth [ 1 Answers ]

Just a while ago I cracked a tooth that had a root canal a year ago. The tooth also had a cavity. I never got it crowned. Now if I go to a dentist. What are some things they can do to fix my tooth with out pulling it? My Dad told me with his cracked tooth they just fill it with this white substance...

View more questions Search