Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GAETS Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
    How do I get my DSC keypad kp5500 to work with my front door contact ?
    I am new to this DSC PC1832 panel. Once wireing the Keypad I found myself with 2 sets of wires of 4c22AWG. I found out that the extra wire was coming from the front door contact which I only used two for the door contact and as the manual says to wire one at the B terminal and the other to the P/Z on the keypad to get the extra ZONE. I did this with the AC and the DC already powered. I did not get an extra ZONE as the manual says. I am sure I did something wrong. How can I get the front door contact to work if the wires run to my keypad and make all the functions work like I would if the wire would be wired to the panel to the terminals Z1?
    GAETS Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 05:20 PM

Thank you for the no help department. I found my own answer. I guess no one figured it out. Gee I guess I became an expert now.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 11:16 AM
    Actually yes, you did. If you would like you can post how it is done so that the rest of us may know. Sorry that no one here could help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my keypad to work with my front door Contact ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am new to this DSC panel. Once wireing the Keypad I found myself with 2 sets of wires of 4c22AWG. I found out that the extra wire was coming from the front door contact which I only used two for the door contact and as the manual says to wire one at the B terminal and the other to the P/Z on the...

Garage door opener goes down but not up using keypad [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sears craftsman 1/2 hp opener, chain drive, about 9 yrs. Old. sensors, 2 remotes, wall switch and keypad switch. Works fine with all except the keypad switch. Lately the door will not go up when using the keypad switch. Goes down fine with keypad switch. Makes no noise, only silence. ...

How to reset keyless keypad for garage door [ 1 Answers ]

How do you reset a keyless keypad for a garage door

How to Program Door Chime on ADT or DSC security system. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an ADT Focus 32 home security system. When the system was installed, the installer programmed a different chime sound for each of 4 exterior doors. I would like to change the chime tone on one of the doors, I have the "Instruction Manual" and the "Installation Manual" but neither provide...

View more questions Search