Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vromero912 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Is finding a summons taped to the door considered "being served"?
    My friend came home to find some papers taped to her front door. I was under the impression that whomever was serving the documents had to attempt at least 3 times before they could post it on the door or mail it Registered Mail. I am not sure how this works. She lives in Pinal County, AZ. Please shed some light on this for us.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2009, 03:40 PM
    What was the notice about? Since you posted under the Real Estate Law forum, I'll assume it was a vacate notice.

This is from: http://www.keytlaw.com/leasinglaw/azevictions.htm

The best way to deliver the notice is to hand it directly to the tenant. You may also deliver the notice to a person of suitable age residing at or in charge of the leased premises. Handing the five day notice to the tenant's five year old daughter would not be acceptable, but handing it to his twelve year old daughter might be. Sometimes tenants won't come to the door when you knock. It is acceptable to post the notice conspicuously on the front door of the residence if you also send the notice by certified mail to the tenant the same day you post the notice.

Assuming she gets a certified letter in a day or so, it would appear to be legal service.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 06:28 PM

The server will turn it into the court showing that the served it according to your state law.

So you will have to show up in court to argue the serive or you basically lose by default if you don't show up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain why income statements are considered "classified"? [ 1 Answers ]

Explain why income statements are "classified"?

What is considered a "minor" repair to a rental house? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in a house for about a year. So far, I have had to rip out the smelly,30 year old carpet and replace them. I have painted the inside. One bathroom is clogged all the time and has cracked tile on the floor. The other bathroom, the shower ran constantly (I fixed it after I received...

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? Part2 [ 2 Answers ]

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a store in which the rent for the past 3 years has been $9K/month. I have 2 years left on the lease. I've spoken over the phone and have many email...

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a store in which the rent for the past 3 years has been $9K/month. I have 2 years left on the lease. I've spoken over the phone and have many email correspondence with the leasing director of the realty company about giving me lower rent since the weakening economy due to high energy...

View more questions Search