Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dayfire26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Do my girlfriend's parents have forced responsibility to allow my baby to see me?
    I am a recent teenage father of 17, along with girlfriend of 16. My girlfriend's parents are always getting into arguments with each other and then take their anger out on make girlfriend with yelling. This then turns into them not allowing my girlfriend to come visit me. This means that I don't get to see my baby. Are her parents forced, by law, to allow me to see the baby, since neither me or my girlfriend can drive? Also, to kink the line, her mom called my dad an A-hole, so my dad does not allow me to go to their house or be supervised by her parents. Is it her parent's responsibility to be mature enough to control their anger, and take the baby to its father? Would the law be on my side if I were to argue the lack of contact I have with my child?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Talk to your parents about getting a lawyer. You're probably going to need one.

I understand that you're both at the mercy of your parents right now--YOUR parents are being just as unaccommodating as HERS, by the way--but you do have a right to see your child.

Talk to a family lawyer about partial custody and/or supervised visits. Your girlfriend will HAVE to bring the baby to those visits, or be found in contempt of court (if that is, indeed, what a court orders). Her parents will have to make sure that she gets the baby to visitations.

Sounds like you want to be a good dad--keep up that great attitude!

Good luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I take my baby and leave my parents house [ 7 Answers ]

Ok I'm 16 years old and have a 5 month old baby... my parents are trying to control everything I do they won't let me raise my kid they are trying to take over... when can I legally move out so I can raise my baby myself with the help of the daddy??

Credit card responsibility after death [ 1 Answers ]

If you are not a co-applicant, but are an authorized card holder are you still responsible for the balance on a credit card after the account holder passes away??

My sons girlfriends parents want her to give baby up for adoption [ 28 Answers ]

My son is 17 years old. His girlfriend is 15. Her parents want her to give the baby up for adoption when it is born. We want to raise the baby. Can anyone tell us what our his legal rights are? Her parents will not return our phone calls and she is 4 months pregnant and they haven't taken her to a...

Parents right to force minor to give baby for adoption [ 59 Answers ]

My 14 year old doughter is pregnant and wants to keep baby. Me and my wife are 110% against this, do we have the right to force her to give this baby up for adaoption or does she being a minor have the right to keep this baby.

Responsibility of parents if a minor has a baby [ 3 Answers ]

My sisters husband 15 year old daughter is pregnant. Her mother has kicked her our of the house and does not know where she living. Wil it be her fathers responsibility to take care of this baby because she is a minor?

View more questions Search