Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debralee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 12:51 AM
    How do I go about registering my home-based small business?
    Please tell me in full detail how I go about registering a home based small business. ( the business I'm trying to open is a home based child care.

Also please tell me, in detail, are there any things that may be of concern to my neighbours?

And. Again in detail, if I employ 2 other people, what are the health and safety issues I will need to take into consideration??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Hello debra:

If you mean license instead of register (and I think you do), most states have websites or offices that walk you through the process. They'll tell you what you need to do to be licensed in their state. Plus, they should send you to the proper federal sites that also have certain conditions that must be met regarding the health and safety issues you mentioned.

Finally, you need the services of a CPA and an attorney. They can help you with the FULL DETAILS.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2007, 08:04 AM
    If you are in the US.

You will need to be sure your property is ZONED for a business, if it is not, you have to apply for it to be. Next you will need a business license.
    And to be in child care, you normally need to be registered with the state Dept of Health, and meet all of their guidelines. They will have a large book of rules. There will have to be policies for sick children, here there will have to be someone there with certain eduction level, The food will have to prepared property and the kitchen will have to meet the rules for food service. ( at least in our state)

I would see if you can talk to someone, ( maybe in a neighboring town) about all the rules they have to follow.
    darntootin Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Mar 7, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Please say you have a substantial amount of ECE credits under your belt... If not, please consider going to work as employee for a time at a professional childcare/educational outfit.. Thank you
    aardvark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Do I have to have a license in Texas to hang Wall Coverings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home based business registrations [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: lor="Red"] hi i would like to register for a home based business, but i have no way of sending my fees to the survey company, they only accept credit cards or money order (canada / usa). i don't have a credit card, and i am in cebu,...

Home based business [ 8 Answers ]

I am interested in doing one of them PT and wanted to know if there are any legitimate ones if you know out there.

Home Based Business Article [ 3 Answers ]

www.dynamic-xchange.com/home-based-business.php

View more questions Search