Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    osiel11 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 11:20 PM
    State license for a painting co
    I recently started a painting company and I got my fictitious name and city license. Well I'm a little confused. I have been giving out estimates and they are asking if I'm licensed and I have been answering confidently that I am. My question is am I required to have a state license? There are only 6 numbers for the state license and about 10 in my city license which confuses my customers and honestly I am now too confused. Can someone please help. Thanks...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 12:04 AM

Hi, osiel11!

Without knowing which state it is, it's hard to address your question.

Thanks!

Mar 8, 2009, 12:08 AM
    Sorry CA
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 12:12 AM

Did you have to take any sort of tests in order to get the city license?

Thanks!

Mar 8, 2009, 12:39 AM

No
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 12:49 AM
    Now, I'm not absolutely positive, but I know that California is very picky about people calling themselves some kind of contractor and that the state would appear to require people who are going to call themselves some kind of contractor would appear to need to be licensed.

For example, a friend of my daughter drove up with her to where I'm located over this past Christmas holiday. I helped him to put together some advertising online. He does landscaping and yard type of work. I asked him about calling himself a contractor for advertising purposes. He said that he needed to take tests to call himself that. It seemed that he could still do the work, but that if he was going to advertise to be a contractor, that he would need the proper licensing.

There is some information on the following site that should be helpful to you. At the bottom of that page, there is a way to contact people on that site.

http://www.cslb.ca.gov/Applicants/ExaminationStudyGuides/C33PaintingAndDecorating.asp

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver's license from a state, live in another state, work in a different one [ 8 Answers ]

I just moved from MI to NYC but I will start work in NJ. Is the lease that I started for a place in NYC enough to prove my NY residency? Or do I have to also change my driver's license (which currently is from MI)? I am basically trying to figure out how to avoid having MI taxes still deducted...

Painting License [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right way to get a painting contractor's license for the state of Florida?

Do I Need a Painting License in the State of Washington? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I saw that you were willing to answer about painting license in Washington State. Please tell if you know, if I need a painting license in order to open a painting ( interior, exterior,comercial and residential ) business in Vancover WA? I will move from California in couples of weeks, ...

Painting license [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I'm maddox06 from rockville Maryland,I have plans to run my own business.How do I do to get a painting license and where?Is that the same for home improvement?I'm starting from the zero. Thank's!

View more questions Search