Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdcp89 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Vendors for my banquet hall business
    Ok so I'm looking at I guess what would be my future competition in the banquet hall business (currently in construction). I'm wondering how to make mine "up there" with all the other banquet halls. I've noticed that most of them offer catering and linens and decorations and florists. My big question is do the facilities have their own people to do this? Or do they partner up with vendors in the area? Or could it be done both ways? Also how could one approach a vendor and ask them to partner? Do you offer an incentive? This would probably be best answered by someone who is in the business but anyyy help would be appreciated
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 01:34 AM

Hi, mdcp89!

It could be done either way. But, the larger the facility, then the more likely that they'll actually be able to have others on staff in order to do certain things.

Vendors are always looking for opportunities to work. You simply advertise that you have an opportunity available for what a vendor might be able to do.

If you would like to know about the many free ways that a person can advertise and/or have websites for free on the Internet to get the best exposure when someone looks for anything in a particular location and beat the competition, please let me know.

I'm thinking of you in terms of advertising your business as well as advertising that you have things for vendors to do.

Thanks!
    Superdeci Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 02:23 AM

Don't just advertise that you want vendors to work or bid - also invite vendors to do so because you like their work or service. Quality is important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Banquet Hall Business Plan [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have ideas on how to start a banquet hall business. To be used for events like weddings, parties, meetings. What are the requirements. Thanks

Starting a Banquet Hall business [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My family and I are trying to start a banquet hall business that caters to many events. We have enough money and land for the construction of a new building. What I'm trying to find out is what exactly I can figure in to my start up cost. We want to do full services (catering, décor,...

Banquet Hall Business [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyone who is willing to provide me with the necessary tools in order to get my Banquet Hall business up and going here in Maryland?

Banquet Hall or Day Spa [ 2 Answers ]

I am undecided on which business idea I like most, between a Banquet Hall or a Day Spa. Which is a better business for starters and where do I begin.

Write business plan for banquet hall [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to write a business plan to get finance to open banquet hall.

View more questions Search