Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j9madillo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Ny/nj taxes
    Morning all, new to the site and think it's great! I am looking to start a small business in ny state, I live in nj. What does that mean for taxes as a business owner? :confused:
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Not sure how it affects business. As a cross state commuter I can tell you that both States think it is a privilege to work and live there .So I pay income taxes to both states .
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 5, 2008, 08:53 PM
    You don't need to pay double taxes. These two states won't affect your federal income tax. You will pay sales tax and state income tax at the state where you make your revenue.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 02:59 AM
    It is not double taxation . NY rates are higher so they just collect the difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estate taxes and gift taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I am the sole heir and executor of my late step Dad's estate. I sold the house as is for 155,000.00 and there waere two accounts totaling 20,000.00 plus two CDs totaling $8,000.00. Do I pay taxes on this? The estate tax is in IL and I live in CO. Also, if I give my brother and sister each...

Before taxes vs after taxes, Washington [ 1 Answers ]

If I am starting a new job @ $11.50/hr, what would that equal after taxes for the state of Washington? Thanks for your help. I am trying to budget for such a huge pay cut. :eek:

I did not file my taxes but had taxes taken out of my check [ 14 Answers ]

I'm kind of worried here... I don't know why I didn't, but it is what it is. I just didn't file my taxes for 2005 and 2006. I also worked for a company in 2004 that paid me in personal buisiness checks that I would cash at citibanks, etc. but they never had me fill out any paperwork and never...

Filing for 2004 taxes and 2005 taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just received my W2 from my employer and there were 2 W2's. One W2 was for the wages of Dec 2004 (since the employer pays 1 month delayed salary) and the other one was for Jan - Nov 2005. I want to know if I can refile my 2004 taxes since I just got my Dec 2004's W2. If I add that...

Help with taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I was F-1 for 4 years and then change my status to R-1 for 3 years until August 2004 my status become F1 again. I am working right now under my OPT which is expires on May 2006. I was paying Social Security and Medicare for 2005. I never leave US since 2000. My questions (thank you in advance):...

View more questions Search