Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbadbryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 01:54 PM
    I am a Supplier who is trying to collect from a contractor.
    I own a supply store in Ontario Canada. I am a supplier of landscaping materilas. One of our contractors has an overdue debt of $20,000, agrees it is his debt but has no funds to pay it back. This debt is now in arreas of 120 day. I need to know what my rights are and the best way to collect this. Can I put a lien on his house or assets?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 01:58 PM
    You could put a lien on anything the company owns to my understanding but not his personal home, as he and the business are 2 separate entities. Have you spoken to a lawyer or collection agency that could help collect on your behalf?
    getpeaceofmind Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 08:40 PM
    You cannot really do anything effective until you win a court judgment. I suppose you could ask a collection agency to report it with Dunn and Bradstreet, that's not going to help you much. Get a lawyer and have them served.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sub-contractor / CONTRACTOR liability [ 1 Answers ]

We Had Flooring Installed In Our Home. The Company Who We Bought The Flooring Promised The Flooring To Be Glued Down. Instead Their Sub-contracted Foreign Installers Drilled Through The Concrete. Water Is Now Shooting Up Through The Holes Like A Fountain. The Company Told Us That The Damage...

One Stop Supplier [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me. I'm planning to start an online store buying, selling, and trading video games, DVDs, and computer games. Do anyone know of just one supplier that may deal with all of the abovementioned items? I'm not looking for closeout items, but mainstream new releases that you...

View more questions Search