Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbydoll Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2007, 08:27 PM
    The Tyra show
    How can Tyra Banks be a good talk show host, when she is one of the most judgemental women on TV? Why does she feel the need to attack her guest, just because they are her opposite?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

May 15, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Conflict is what gives ratings... Look at any "reality" TV show.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 03:28 PM
    I think she sucks
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Agrees - conflict creates drama and Tyra loves drama. Ratings love drama. Attacking the guest is not something new - look at the talk shows that have made millions of dollars and millions of dedicated viewers. People like to see confrontation. A host who soft soaps the guests, consoles them, sympathizes with them, lulls the viewer to sleep.

Tyra is sharp and knows what to do to achieve her goals. Not that I agree with her tactics but I have to hand it to her for making a continued success of herself.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Personally, I think she's great! Yeah she can be a little confrontational but that's what makes he who she is... BOLD. That's what a talk show is all about... talking... whether people agree with what you have to say or not. :)
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 15, 2007, 07:14 PM
    The one of the most judgemental? Apparently you haven't see The View.

But would you be asking the same question of it were a man?
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Jul 21, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Good lord... if Jerry Springer can stay on the air all these years... Tyra can too. You ever seen Judge Judy attack people... makes Tyra look like an angel!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my ex show up again? [ 2 Answers ]

I dated this Virgo man for 6 months, and we had a long distance relationship, but we saw each other a lot because we were both committed to make it work. In the beginning we were inseparable and after 3 months I got pregnant, but we decided to abort, we cried a lot over our decision. The truth is...

Show name [ 4 Answers ]

I can't remember the name of a show I saw when I was younger. It was in a library and had some cat and mouse puppets. The mice lived in the wall and there was a train running around the library.

I Need To Know the Name Of This Show [ 4 Answers ]

All right, so there was this show I watched when I was really young. I was born 1989, sothis show aired late 80's early 90's and all that. I can't remember the name of this show at all but I know what it was about. This group of kids got to run a radio or television station, and they would...

Tv show name [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to remember the name of a show that was on in the late 90's. The only two stars I can remember are alyson hannigan and Giuseppe Andrews. It was a series about all these people who were in a TV show. Giuseppe Andrews starred as a loser guy who hung around the main character. He...

Ed TV show [ 1 Answers ]

I regularly watch Tom Cavaugh's "Ed." There a number of "quotable quotes" in that show - like Ally McBeals's "McBealisms." Can anyone refer me to a website that has a list of them? Please! I especially like what he said about if something wasn't meant to be, you couldn't do anything about it,...

View more questions Search