Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moniquem1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Diet plan?
    Hey I've just seen that a very wealthy and famous model is going on a steamed fish, vegetable, and eggwhites die, drinks only water. She also does not eat after 4pm. I have late nights so I would rather switch to 6pm. Do you think that this would be a successful weight loss diet. To lose 40 pounds in 6 months. Bcus I ussually eat a lot of fats sweets oils. And drink mainly soda... I believe that this could actually make a massive difference.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Losing 40 in 6 months is a lot of weight to loss in such a short period. The diet you described is not a bad plan but to be safe, please check with your doctor. He can refer you a dietician who can analyze your goal weight and help you develop a sensible menu plan. Keeping fruits in your diet is important. Cutting out the sweets and much of the fats is also important. Knocking off the soda would help a great deal also. But check with your doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Have to spread the love Shy, but I can't add any more. That was wonderful advice.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Hollywood has lots of diets that they would have us believe is the "solution" to quick weight loss miracles, but if you look at some of the stars that are trully "starving" themselves you'll see there's no "miracles" for true dieting. You need to eat sensibly, lots of fresh or frozen veggies, salads, full grain products, like wheat bread and pastas and lots of water. Snack on Fruits... Lean meats, like chicken and fish, are most important as well. Change from normal milk products to low fat milk products, use olive oils or canola, use cooking sprays instead of butter. If you remember the 4 "F" diet plan, it'll help alot:

Nothing FRIED
    Nothing with any FAT
    No FAST FOODS
    None of you FAVORITE FOODS< (You know why!)

The other favorite Diet I promote is the NO "S" Diet:

NO SNACKS- fats and sugar filled, chips fries, etc
    No SWEETS, candy, cookies, cakes or soft drinks, ice creams
    NO SECONDS, use a smaller then normal portion for your meals, try using a smaller plate
    and don't go back for seconds!

If you work all this into your routine and keep to it along with a regular exercise program of 30-60 minutes per session 3-4 X per week you will see results. You can "Cheat" occasionally but take it serious and you'll get serious results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is seriously unhappy with her weightloss diet plan... [ 20 Answers ]

I am struggling to keep my Rottweiler's hunger and weight under control. Her vet recommended feeding her 2 cups of Hill's Science Diet Lite Large breed dog food and 2 cans of green beans a day along with a nice walk. Well, this is turning into a disaster!! She's acting like a staved dog. She's...

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

What Diet? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been doing many diets and can't find one that works with my busy schedule and I am hungry all the time. What is the best one from you opinion and how do I do it? :(

Potato diet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, One of my cousins, now 20 year old, has been eating only rice and potatoes since he is a 5 year old boy. Though he would snack in anything, the main meal is always rice + potatoes. He will not eat anything else. His parents gave up trying to convince him. I tried to explain him that it will...

Diet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi How can I lose some weight ( only 3-4 kg) without going on horrible diets? Because I've seen people who went on hard diets and did lose weight but the wieght went back as soon as they returned to normal eating habbits. I've already cut off hot chips and junk food. What else shoud I do? Thanks

View more questions Search