9 18.00%
  • 5 shades

12 24.00%
  • none, my goal is to maintain

3 6.00%
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 12:44 AM
    How Many Shades Lighter Do You Want To Lighten Your Skin?
    And what are you using to achieve this?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 12:53 AM
    Hi, Golden_Girl!

I voted to "none, my goal is to maintain".

So, what would constitute a "shade", please?

Thanks!
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Nov 8, 2009, 03:34 AM

Probably not a popular answer but honestly none.

I'd like to just be one or two(at most) colors all over after correcting my melasma and sun damage. My situation at the start of this:

*chocolate head, outer arms(esp forearms), tops of feet

*caramel chest, back, ears, underside of arms

*yellow legs, stomach and breasts

*coffee bean elbows, knees

This is my second time trying to get even through sun protection, peels/exfoliants, & lighteners (I quit the spa treatments because I did not like how light I was starting to look... another topic entirely).

My old "method" to look eventoned was with tanning and makeup. I'm a lot older so I guess I'm okay with however much lighter I end up looking this time.. . Depends on the day.

If I could choose from a clickable palette (a la Sims, SecondLife, Meez) I'd be chocolate-colored all over. Since I can't, I'm okay if I can figure out how to maintain an even caramel. (no one has to see my boobs, legs, or especially my stomach.. yikes). Frankly, I die a little (& not in a Rachel Zoe-type way) at the thought of ending up yellow all over. No offense to anyone, & I'm working on that attitude.

It's totally fine on other people but it's still sort of a hang up for me.
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 03:37 PM
    The other post like this was by accident only. I was trying to add the poll along with the thread and did it wrong.

I'm not precisely good at determining shades, so I go by the charts that were posted here and also foundation shades.

Attachment 26300
    And
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ns-390253.html
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Nov 8, 2009, 06:40 PM

My goal is 1 to 2 shades at the most, if I can help it. Right now I am lighter than I would like in certain areas of my face, wheres as other parts are trying to catch up and seeing a patch of skin that light actually scares me. I think I would feel so self conscious if I dare venture out of the brown range.
    stay white Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 08:31 PM
    I have already lighten a lot!! I have been doing a total body bleaching(head to toe) for 2 years now using various products, some good some bad and I still want to lighten some more... I went from a gabriel union color to everybody thinking I am dominican, half white, even hawaiian, which is funny to me. I would say I am about alicia keyes colour now and it took lots of trial and error and determination and patience and lots of consistency no scars on my body, but a few holes in my face the thing is you always of to keep maintaining, this lightening journey is not for you if you don't really want it, it is not for everyone.. you of to use your products yuh caaant slack off, nuh waste yuh money.. if yuh naw stick with it
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 08:44 PM
    Stay White what products did you use to lighten your body so much? And how many times a week do you have to maintain?

Nov 8, 2009, 08:47 PM
    I have used movate, hot movate ,civic, fair and white blue and that's just naming a few
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2009, 08:53 PM
    OK. Then possibly it was the movate, hot movate, civic, and any other steroid based products that were harsh on the skin and gave bad side effect?

Nov 8, 2009, 09:08 PM
    I have used natural ingredients like licorice extract, arbutin, kojic acid, vitamin c,etc. my thing is I use anything that is not natural for say a month get some colour then I use natural stuff. Most people who got messed up with the strong creams used them non stop , I rotate.. for example ill mix hot movate with neprosone gel for two weeks then I use something with natural ingredients for a month maybe six weeks and then iuse a strong cream for two weeks and then natural products again for another six weeks for example body white lotion which has licorice extract, that is a very strong natural lotion it is the only gel lotion, weirdd ahhh you should be able to kind know your skin and ALWAYS MOISTURIZE, ALWAYS MOISTURIZE DAILY, YOU PUT BACK NUTRIENTS IN YOUR SKIN THAT YOU TAKE OUT.. THATS WHY I NEVER GET CRACKS, BUSTS, STRETCH MARK OR EVEN RASHES... I USE LOTS OF VITAMIN E TO MOISTURIZE AND CHEAP GLYCERINE WHICH I THROW IN MY VIT E LOTION
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 8, 2009, 11:20 PM

Movate and hot movate. I get nightmares just thinking about it.
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stay white View Post
    i have used natural ingredients like licorice extract, arbutin, kojic acid, vitamin c,etc. my thing is i use anything that is not natural for say a month get some colour then i use natural stuff. most people who got messed up with the strong creams used them non stop , i rotate.. for example ill mix hot movate with neprosone gel for two weeks then i use something with natural ingredients for a month maybe six weeks and then iuse a strong cream for two weeks and then natural products again for another six weeks for example body white lotion which has licorice extract, that is a very strong natural lotion it is the only gel lotion, weirdd ahhh you should be able to kind know your skin and ALWAYS MOISTURIZE, ALWAYS MOISTURIZE DAILY, YOU PUT BACK NUTRIENTS IN YOUR SKIN THAT YOU TAKE OUT..THATS WHY I NEVER GET CRACKS, BUSTS, STRETCH MARK OR EVEN RASHES...I USE LOTS OF VITAMIN E TO MOISTURIZE AND CHEAP GLYCERINE WHICH I THROW IN MY VIT E LOTION
    I have gotten god results with hot movate and neoprosone 2. I haven't gotten any bad side effects but I'm scared.. Wut brand of vitamin e lotion can I use?

Nov 9, 2009, 08:47 AM

I think I've already reached my goal but now I want to get lighter lol... I started bleaching in January and went from a keely rowland/gabrielle union color to a sanna lathan color in like 4 months... face about a beyonce color.. I was toooo fair... accidentally put hot movate on my face and then got huge acne bumps.. got fed up and stopped lightening during the summer. Darkened back like 4 shades.. I have now lightened 3 shades in one week so my face is like a sanna lathan color and my neck and chest a beyonce color and my body like 2 shades darker. Right now just trying to get my body to catch up then I guess I'll decide what to do next. So prob 3 shades more I think

Nov 9, 2009, 09:05 AM

Um sagluva. What is it that you are using that has lightening you 3 shades in one week? Tell us lol

Nov 9, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Um sagluva. What is it that you are using that has lightening you 3 shades in one week? tell us lol
    I use the fair and white exclusive gel and serum mixed with a little bit of vitmin e, vitamin c and alpha hydroxy cream and some hq 4% and retin a 0.1% three times a day lol.. I know.. a lot of products.. I mix it in my palm every time before use. I literally did not go out for a whole week last week except to class and rushed back to my dorm. My face was peeling and lightening like crazy it was unbelievable. Because I used retina 3 times a day, my face peeled a lot and fast so now I'm pretty much done peeling except for the chin area. Have a few breakouts because of the retin a so I'm hoping using black soap will help with that.

Nov 9, 2009, 09:20 AM

Oh. You are a brave one. Using retin a while classes are still going on. I only do it on vacations/breaks. Everyone would love to see a flaw in me. Did anyone notice anything? People ask you anything? What about your friends? (what's your race by the way?) and those serums seem to be good. I'm going to try the 55H+ one on my body over TG break. Omg. Retin a 3 times a day. My goodnesssssss!

Nov 9, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Oh. You are a brave one. Using retin a while classes are still going on. I only do it on vacations/breaks. Everyone would love to see a flaw in me. Did anyone notice anything? People ask you anything? What about your friends? (what's your race by the way?) and those serums seem to be good. I'm gonna try the 55H+ one on my body over TG break. Omg. Retin a 3 times a day. My goodnesssssss!
    LOL. I figured if I use the retin a like 3 times a day, my face will peel really fast and then by the next week, I will be done with most of my peeling rather than do it once a day and peel for two weeks. A lot of people noticed. My friends kept asking me what I did to my face.. I just said I went to the spa and got a chemical peel and my face has beenn peeling tnats why it looks a lot lighter lol.. Same thing I told my boyfriend and he kept asking to see my face close up.. got so embarrassed because since I've lightened so much, my acne scars are more visible even though they have gotten lighter. My boyfreind is very superficial, he kept telling me on Saturday how I look more beautiful and he's not sure why lol. Prob because I'm lighter.. my mom told me to stop. She doesn't like the fact I lighten. Said my face looks too fake lol. I am black. My original skin tone was about grabrielle unions. Serums are really good but you must mix it with a cream or gel to get the best results. Either a gel by 55h or maybe a vitamin c serum gel.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 06:44 PM
    Sagluva you have a good regimen there, the fair & white exclusive gel and serum, vitamin e, vitamin c, alpha hydroxy cream, hq 4%, retin a 0.1%. So have you stopped the movate and neoprosone products since you have a better regimen now and are you now going to maintain or go up lighter?

Nov 13, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Sagluva you have a good regimen there, the fair & white exclusive gel and serum, vitamin e, vitamin c, alpha hydroxy cream, hq 4%, retin a 0.1%. So have you stopped the movate and neoprosone products since you have a better regimen now and are you now going to maintain or go up lighter?
    I never used movate and neorospone on my face.Just body. Tried movate once to help lighten my forehead and I broke out bad. I stopped fast.LOL. I am trying to mainly even out my skin now and get to the point where I have to use less products to maintain. I still have a lot of hyperpigmentation so I am going to keepp up my regimen daily to try and clear it all. I think I am addicted. The more attention and compliments I get from people, the more I want to keep lightning. My neck and chest are very fair 2. just trying to get my hands and body to catch up fast. How is your regimen going so far?
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 06:24 PM
    It's going well, looks like I'm at about 2 shades lighter on my face. But the rest of me hasn't ketched up either. So, right now I'm using the hq once everyother night and retin-a nightly. I cut back on the likas soap on my face too and just using it on my body, I think the likas/retina combo was making my skin way too sensitive to the point I had to use an ice pack on my face last night and my face was so red. I know I must be getting lighter too quickly because my family are staring at me now as though I'm a martian. I rather it be a bit more gradual now so they can adjust and also for my hands and arms to hopefully ketch up. I'm glad that some of my acne spots have lightened considerably and the patchiness is lessoning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Many Shades Are You Trying To Lighten Your Skin? [ 3 Answers ]

And what are you using to achieve this?

How do you take MSM and Glutathione? Need to only lighten 2 shades! [ 9 Answers ]

I don't really want anything drastic. All I want to do is get my face to match the rest of my body so I need to get two shades lighter. I heard MSM and Glutathione are both natural but how do you take them? I heard you have to take Glut with Vit C. If so then how much mg will I need for each? ...

I want to lighten by very few shades [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know a good product or very safe one? I want to lighten my skin very little not a whole lot, like bio claire would do. And I heard there was some remedy, but I forgot anyone know?

Lighten hair a few shades [ 1 Answers ]

I have had healthy dark brown hair for months now and that I love, but am realizing is just a bit too dark for my skintone. Unfortunately, my hairstylist can't get me in for a few weeks. Is there a way to lighten it a few shades at home, to a medium brown? Whatever I do to my hair I get a...

Just want a product that work.want to go 2-3 shades lighter [ 2 Answers ]

Heprollow every one, I just came across this sie by chance. I am looking for a product that will lighten my face and body 2-3 lighter. This is all very confusing because I am a little shocked at all the drama inregards to this topic. I have been bleaching my skin since 1999 with a product call...

View more questions Search