Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Sep 29, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Mequinol Update! For those curious
    I have been using mequinol on my face combined with tretenoin. The tretenoin is 0.1% and the mequinol is 10%, I also dilute this with a bit of bio oil so my face doesn't fall off because it does burn a bit, but my skin is getting used to it.

When I started I looked like Freddie Kruger, skin peeling and it was irritated and I looked a hot scaly mess!:eek:

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT! The worst is over and now my hyperpigmentation is lightening soooooooooooooooo much, so it the rest of my skin. I don't use the mequinol as liberally because my FIRST priority is hyperpigmentation (kinda pointless to have light pretty skin covered in acne scars) I also do a lactic 70% peel once every week and a half or so. I also put Dermo White on in the morning (not a great lightener AT ALL but it moisterizes with and with the meq and tret you'll need it) but since I added the meq and tret my skin is the best it has looked in YEARS, I thought I would have to get laser resurfacing to fix my skin. So yeah, great for hyperpigmentation when used with tret and it does lighten, the day of recokoning with be when I am able to leave the house with no makeup! *fingers crossed*

I will be posting pictures eventually, probably within the next week or two... more like two though. Just remind me if I forget.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Oct 1, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Congrats on your results! Looking forward to see the pics... :)
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Congratulations Dessaml, that's great that your seeing improvement and fast too. So this would work very well on my acne scars and hyperpigmentation then, as I have tried to lighten them and I have had minimal progress or I get too impatient after a few weeks. It's also good to hear that the stinging is less intense because I was wondering about this too.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Oct 1, 2009, 10:42 AM

I am so freakin jealous dessaml... I am actually crying right now !

You don't know how miserable I am right now.. have reached my tipping over point...

I will never get light again... and I hate myself for it!

Please tell me where do you get your mequinol. I am literally begging now !
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 02:04 PM
    ... are you literally crying?!
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Oct 1, 2009, 03:18 PM

Lol where did you get the mequinol and tretenoin?

I think "imgorgeous" (I don't think she really believes that), is having a nervous break down over here.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 04:16 PM

Yeah he is having a heart attack, gorgeous take it easy, so if I use this menoquil will it lighten evenly or not
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Oct 1, 2009, 05:44 PM

Waiting for pics as well

Oct 2, 2009, 12:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    I am so freakin jealous dessaml..... I am actually crying right now !

You dont know how miserable I am right now.. have reached my tipping over point...

I will never get light again .... and i hate myself for it!

please tell me where do you get yoru mequinol. I am literally begging now !
    buy mequinol Other dermatologicals medications from goldpharma

This is where I get it, they scam you on the shipping and handling so it's not 8.95 or whatever, its actually comes to like 30! They're evil for that but I can't find it anywhere else! And mind you, my first priority is to reduce my hyperpigmentation, not lighten, the lightening is just a bonus for me, so if your goal is to lighten I can't advise you on how much of that stuff to put on because I just don't know... im still experimenting. Just go easy on it so you don't depig... unless you want to.

Oct 2, 2009, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgirl_meow View Post
    I have real bad acne scars too and want to git rid of them also. I do wear makeup on daily basis because I am too embarassed to go in public without it. So, mequinol is working well for you? First, the peeling was bad? Was it because of mequinol or treitonin? Can u still wear makeup while your face was peeling? I am really concerned about my scars. I've been dealing with it for 3-4 years :(
    Definitely, please do keep us updated.
    Yes you can, but wearing makeup seems to slow the process down... my face would be much better if I didn't wear any to dilute the tret and meq... but I can't go outside without makeup, and it's terrible because I'm actually a pretty cute looking girl WITH MAKEUP but without it I'm just hideous, because people don't see me they see the hyperpigmentation:( but the hyperpigmentation on my chest is reducing much much faster, but I don't wear makeup there obviously, and I had an awful breakout on my chest and thought it would ages before I could wear anything lowcut again without using camouflage makeup, but now I can get away with it without being overly embarrassed... I have high expectations for my face I'm hoping to be able to go out without make up in 3-4months... I haven't done that since 7th grade.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 04:47 PM
    I would be nice if they had an over-the-counter version of mequinol or at least as one of the active ingredients in a lightening crème for cosmetics without prescription. $30 is so much for s&h, I guess because it's overseas.

Oct 2, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    I would be nice if they had an over-the-counter version of mequinol or at least as one of the active ingredients in a lightening creme for cosmetics without prescription. $30 is so much for s&h, I guess because it's overseas.
    Its actually like 23.00 for S&H but this the product comes out to about 30... I was happy until I went to check out!
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Can you tell me how much is in the tube and about how long does it last? You use it how many times a week?

Oct 2, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Can you tell me how much is in the tube and about how long does it last? You use it how many times a week?
    There's 30g in the tube. When I first got it I used it every day for about 5 days, now every other day... I want to go every day but I'm too scared
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Thanks Dessaml. Is the stinging still calming down?

Oct 3, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Thanks Dessaml. Is the stinging still calming down?
    Yes, my skin has gotten pretty used to the burning. If you have any acne then it burns even more but if the skin is for the most part smooth it only burns a little and it spots after about 3mins
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Does it help shrink the acne too?

Oct 3, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Does it help shrink the acne too?
    It does some, but I think that's more the tretenoin than the meq

Nov 19, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Hey dessaml.. how is your progress going on with mequinol.. please tell me your like shades lighter and its workign and your in love with the product...

I want to buy it too.. please please please tell me you've lightened amazingly well !

Nov 19, 2009, 08:45 PM

@golden - yes I was actually crying when I typed that ! :(
    Bitterly... :((

IM fine now but I do get my bouts of depression.. especially when I compare myself to my arab housemate.. he is so pinkish white.. I hate him for it... and he thinks I have a great colour.. I so want to kick him for that, lol

dessaml where are you??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mequinol / benoquin? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Has anyone had any experience with Mequinol? I hear it depigments skin. Is it like benoquin ? I would be grateful for any information Thanks. Maddiemad.

Where can I purchase Mequinol? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, I accidentally stumbled on to this site while searching for the product mequinol. I tried hydroquinone 4% and it did take away my acne scars and blemishes but my skin color is still the same. My friend who is actually Caucasian (White) have this liver spots, it looks really bad (brown...

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Tell me about mequinol [ 1 Answers ]

Is Mequinol a permanent depigger like monobenzone, where it kills melanocytes or does is it just non-permanent?

View more questions Search