Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Sep 12, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Does Tretenoin work better if you use it with something else?
    I put on dermo white and bio oil in the morning and just tretenoin at night (I also do a 70% lactic acid peel once a week). Would I get better results do you think if I used the tretenoin and something else at night?

What I am doing now has done A LOT for my hyperpigmentation but I would like quicker results.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 12, 2009, 10:33 AM
    I'm not sure what would make tretinoin better but tretinoin does help other ingredients work better, penetrate deeper into the skin.

Everyone wants faster results and what happens is you can set yourself back using too many active ingredients on your skin and when you breakout put the blame on the cream for your bad complexion.

I'd say keep your routine the way it is. People look weird when they lighten too quickly. If what your doing is helping a lot why mess with it? Just keep at it and lighten day by day. You can tell when your lightening as reached a plateau and your not getting any lighter that's when you can try something stronger, keep at it and continue to use the stronger cream every day.

Skin lightening is not something you want to start fast, you take it one day at a time for it to look as natural as possible, to look like it's your own complexion.

Sep 13, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Thanks for the advice Nikki but I am going to start using it with my Bio Oil... because this 0.1 tretenoin burns! Hopefully I will get even better results.

Sep 13, 2009, 08:22 AM
    Do you use it everyday?

Sep 13, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Do you use it everyday?
    Yes, why, am I not suppose to? I am just following the directions:confused:

Sep 13, 2009, 01:41 PM
    When I used it everyday it started to sting a little and made me itch so I backed off. Usually I took off a day or two. I could use it about 5 days in a row, then take the weekend off and just used my lightening cream.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search