Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambitiousansari Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 03:09 AM
    Can I ever have a full night sleep
    My daughter is eight months old now but still won't sleep through out the night.she is used to of sleeping while feeding and wakes up after an hour after sleeping,then she keep on waking up all night,so I have to put her besides me In my bed. I tried solids,formula before making her sleep but I didn't work,its like she makes it as a habbit and do it as a soother more than for hunger.almost every one advised me to let her cry and sleep by her self but to be honest I can't handle her crying.is there any other way to make her sleep through out the night.I would appreciate it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 18, 2009, 03:56 AM

You are still carrying on her new infant routine then, sounds like. She is eight months old so can stay awake for other activities. You have to break that routine. Having her sleep with you is not a habit you should encourage. I definitely advocate 'tough love' and let her cry in her own bed. At eight months she should be sleeping through the night. Develop good habits.

Tick
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 05:44 AM

Hey,tick has a really good suggestion there,if she is waking still throughout the night,skip a feed,and just let her cry... it will be hard.. make sure the room is dark enough,and she is full before you put her down,a bath and a cuddle will help too.. develop a new bed time routine,stick with it,and before long she will be sleeping through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't sleep through the night! [ 5 Answers ]

I have roughly a 5 weeks until my due date and I can't sleep through the night any more I have extrem disconfert in my knees and legs. And what seems to be insomnea?. I can only sleep for 3 or 4 hours and then I am so uncofertable I wake up and I can't go back to sleep. Its been going on for about...

My Dog won't sleep through the night! [ 2 Answers ]

We have 2 dogs. Our little female Papillon sleeps though the night great! We have crates in our room for the 2 dogs. Our little male Pap won't sleep through the night. They are both treated the same during the day, both go to bed at the same time. But the male gets up every 1 1/2 hours to 3...

Can I still need more sleep after 12 hrs a night? [ 3 Answers ]

I have always had trouble sleeping at night. I have trouble switching off. Doesn't seem to make much difference if I am physically or mentally exhausted that day. Sometimes I would feel sick because I am so tired. I look like I haven't slept with dark bags under my eyes. Lately I have been able...

I need sleep at night! [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a small city and there is a dog that lives next door that seems to be lost and forgotten about it cry's when the owners come home as if to be begging for food or attention. I feel bad for the dog But This dog barks all night long since the owners seem to not notice the...

5yo Dog won't sleep through the night [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5yo Westie/ Shi Tzu Mix. She slept in her crate until about 6 months ago. Since then she comes into my bed at night time. The problem is that she gets out of bed anywhere from 1-10 times during the night. She doesn't have to go potty, she gennerly wants to go into the living room or just...

View more questions Search