Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Jun 2, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Fashion Fair Cream and Movate Cream
    Now I used movate when I was younger maybe around 14-16 and it lightened my skin dramatically. I had a few breakouts here and there, but nothing like the horror story of girls who woke up with black blotches all over their faces. I don't know how much they were using but I was using it once a day twice at max. And I stopped using it and tried different things in between. Now I'm using fashion fair. I heard people say fashion fair and movate make your skin sag. I'm not experiencing this. Is this only because I use it on my face? Or is the worst yet to come? Has anyone who has used these products on their face please tell me what they experienced, it'd be really helpful. Thanks.
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

Jun 2, 2009, 11:58 PM

Huh? Fashion Fair cosmetics??
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 10:35 AM

Girl I am using hot movate gel and esophram movate cream and let me tell you this thing is the strongest lighteners I have every use.

So I'm in africa right now and I got the movate at a local store over here and I must say THE MOVATE WE GET IN NORTH AMERICA IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THIS. Within 3 days I had lightened and my skin is peeling uuncontrolibly now its kind of embarrassing and to make matters worst I have white spots now from this AFRICAN MOVATE, so I had to stop using it, like I have hugh white spots like rihanna white. So that's my latest expereince with african movate, mind you when I used the movate in canada I never got white spots.

Jun 3, 2009, 04:10 PM

I think u should have used a lotion or some sort of cream... then your skin get thinner also. Uve been at this a yr correct? The injections? Slow down... I still want it so give it to me...
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 04:26 AM

I hear you mpk, I haven't used the injections in a few weeks thought after I darkened 2 shades but the movate is to strong I don't use it daily anymore more like 2 times a week I have like this black mark around myy right eye that I got to use mac dark cirlce concealer to hide, I hope it goes away I never had this type of discolourization before, not sure how to get rid of it either, any suggestions.

Jun 4, 2009, 06:08 PM

Lighterr are you sure the dark mark isn't from juvaderm injections?
    LOL for under eye circles? I think you should kick back totally for a while.
    I did.
    I see my spots changing.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 04:30 AM

No I haven't done juvaderm or botox yet, I was thinking of doing it few weeks before my wedding in December. But I am somehow convinced the mark is from the movate though, so I have scaled back I am only on the movate 3 times weekly and not on my face @ all and gluta soap 3 times daily on my full body, lets see how my recovery comes along.

Ps I stopped the injections by roach a few weeks ago they didn't seem to be working for me all that great
    whiteandlight Posts: 29, Reputation: 1
    -

Jun 6, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    i hear you mpk, i haven't used the injections in a few weeks thought after i darkened 2 shades but the movate is to strong i dont use it daily anymore more like 2 times a week i have like this black mark around myy right eye that i got to use mac dark cirlce concealer to hide, i hope it goes away i never had this type of discolourization before, not sure how to get rid of it either, any suggestions.
    Wowww!

Jun 6, 2009, 06:43 PM

LOL just kidding.
    After the weight lost everybody usually need a prick! LOL
    I didn't think movate would make a dark spot.

You are doing so many products at one time you don't which product is doing that to u. slow down!
    Monica19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 07:20 PM

My dermatologist told me that movate contains mercury the question I have is why do people fear using lotions that have hydroquinone but instead opt to use lotions that have mercury, mercury is known to cause serious and deadly damage to the kidney anyway from reading comments posted on this site I have came to the conclusion that there are no safe product that would lighten your skin.

Jun 7, 2009, 10:17 PM

What are you asking? Or are you telling us it has mecury? I think the majority of the people here know that.

SO what cream are you inadvertly suggesting we use? What did your dermatologist suggest?
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2009, 11:26 PM

Guys be careful with ''movate'' they say that's how most girls end up with green marks on their face!.

The gel is even the worsttt!. just a friendly advice
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Jun 12, 2009, 08:21 AM

Hey guys its funny the other day I ended up in a BLACK BEAUTY STORE for the first time in my life.. I saw some rubbing alcohol there... and purchased it.. the black old man then asked me in front of my mum who is here for a few days with me... whether my mum knew the secret to my glowing skin... I was pretty shocked.. because I felt he was insinuating that I am lighter than my original colour or something... lol... albeit he doesn't realise I have been a lighter kid in the past... and have tanned up a few shades in the recent past..

I guess he thinks all indians are dark... So NOT TRUE... indians can have white skinned people that you would be shocked looknig at.

Jun 12, 2009, 10:05 PM

Are you taking pills to lighten?
    kay1001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2010, 12:53 AM
    I read a thread above from a lady who said Movate gave her a dark circle around her eye area. I would like everyone to understand that this sympton is a classic sign of a movate user, and is a negative chemical reaction. It was discovered in South Africa in the 70's, with farm workers who used Hydroquinone (the active ingredient in Movate). They worked in the sun and many developed irreversible facial discolouration. Hidroquinine is not to be used in when you are exposed to sunlight (even mild sunny weather). It is not clear what causes the reaction, but my guess is that the UV rays(?) may react negatively to mercury. I know there is currently only one lab, in India, which is researching this area (the sceintists' grandmother died in the 90's of liver disfunction after heavy bleaching throughout her life, so he dedicated his medical research to understanding the absorption of skin lighteners below the skin surafce and the effects of this on internal organs). Unfortuntely, I am well versed in this area [skin bleaching] because I, as an African lady (living in Europe), had fallen victim to the lighter skin beauty inductrination. Movate is readily available in Africa as a generic drug, meaning the original Italian patent has run out and the manufacturers no longer have exclusivity in producing the cream. Because of this, less developed countries like Nigeria and India have rushed to produce almost identical copies of the cream and saturate the market with this. They are also known to have branded the drug with the 'Made in Italy' stamp mark to full cnosumers. The way I tell the difference is by going to either Movate Hot Gel or Movate DCL. For those of you who still use the proiduct, I would advise mixing movate gel with another bland moisturiser. This will stop the skin dryness and also use a sun screen on top if you must go out. Please use Factor 50 suncreen (the highest avaiable). I would also say that do not use Movate every day. The dark circle you deveope around the eye will now always be there, but, when you stop using the cream the darkness fades into the background as your own skin gets dark, so it's blended in. I said above that you should mix movate with another moisturising cream: but please do so responsibly. Creams are made of chemical compounds and these compaounds can have a negative reaction on your skin. So a bland moisturere means the negative reaction is less likely (althouhg it's still not 100% safe). Try mixing it with a perfumless cream like E45 or Simple moisturiser; you know, somnething that is pretty plain in composition. It will slow down how fast your skin bleaches, but it will certainly make your skin look more realistic when it's bleached (i.e natural lighteness). I would like to stop using Movate etc , but I was brought up with a complex that I am finding difficult to shake off. And that complex (instilled by my family) is that the lighter your skin, th emore beautiful you are andmore men will want you . I alsready have a man, but yet I still bleach...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movate cream [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I woud like to know if you can use espharma movate cream to lighten skin colour. It says it is a anti inflammatory anti allergic antipruritic , my friend is using it to lighten her skin and she says that it works. I 've noticed that her skin where she has some brown spots has really where. Can...

Movate Cream [ 16 Answers ]

Why does some Movate fade products have a M on the right corner of the box? What does it stand for?

Esapharma movate cream [ 6 Answers ]

I do not find esapharma movate cream from shops anymore what is happenig.

Esapharma movate cream [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if esapharma movate cream is dangerous? My mums friend who have a shop, gave it to me because I had so many pimples, she said it will help, her son used all his pimples were gone. So I began to use it, and it is working very good on my skin. But I have become more lighter than...

Fashion fair cream:bad or good [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there,am Anthony and am from Nigeria,my question is this: is the Fashion Fair Cream good for skin? does it bleach?

View more questions Search