Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    munkyfusic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Skin lightening and tattoos.
    Does anybody know if skin lighteners/whiteners will lift the pigment out of tattoos? I only have one and I'm rather proud of it so I'd rather it not fade on me.
    dingostyle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyfusic
    Does anybody know if skin lighteners/whiteners will lift the pigment out of tattoos? I only have one and I'm rather proud of it so I'd rather it not fade on me.
    Yes they will. I have tatt's also and tried a lightning product and it faded out some coulour in the tatt.. don't use any product as it will react with the ink like a bleach
    Notsosnowwhite Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Well that sucks. Seems I'll have to wait 'till after I lighten up to my desired shade to get my first tattoo.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
    If a skin lightener will affect the pigment of your skin, it will definitely affect your tattoo. If you value your tattoo/tattoos, don't use it. :)
    Simply Jane Posts: 44, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 15, 2008, 08:58 PM
    I agree, my cousin used a skin lightener and didn't realize that her tattoos on her ankle was lightening to the max, she had to re ink her tats and stop using the skin lightener, I guess her tats is more important to her than lightening her skin, good for her!
    missteetee Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 11:47 PM

Yes, skin lighteners will depig your tatoos for sure. But it also depends on how strong the skin lightner is.
    iloveizajiah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2013, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply Jane View Post
    I agree, my cousin used a skin lightener and didn't realize that her tattoos on her ankle was lightening to the max, she had to re ink her tats and stop using the skin lightener, I guess her tats is more important to her than lightening her skin, good for her!
    Hi... when she reinked her tatts... did they come out good? Like the tatt wasn't ugly because of the skin lighterner?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening [ 3 Answers ]

]hi people,am an african with dark skin.I have a very difficult skin that hardly lightens or respond to lightening creams for to long.either am not using the right product, or down here in africa we are sold bad product because of having no enforced quality standard.please can you advice on the...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Lightening my skin with monobenzone has messed my skin up [ 86 Answers ]

I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. Well I'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. Of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. My arms, face, legs, cheast . Is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. And I've been going to dermatologist about it and they say...

How to lightening the skin [ 1 Answers ]

I have one sister, comparatively me, she is little bit brownish skin, she feels that, because of her skin colour she is not recognized anywhere, help to reveal this feeling from her soul

View more questions Search