Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Possible Lightening Benefits With The Addition Of Vitamin C
    Here is the article I had mentioned about possible benefits with the addition of vitamin C added to your skin lightening regimen that I had read a couple of months back.
    How taking extra Vitamin C lightens skinVitamin C and lighter skin

There are several forms of vitamin C, so some are more potent at helping to inhibit some of the tyrosine activity than other forms.

I think it's an Interesting site that has several articles, links, and documented clinical trials explaining topics of skin lightening along with historical and scientific information as well:

Corticosteroid creams should not be used to lighten skin
    Corticosteroid creams should not be used to lighten skin

Mercury is a dangerous skin lightening ingredient
    Mercury is a dangerous skin lightening ingredient

Skin bleaching with monobenzone
    Skin bleaching with monobenzone
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Nov 2, 2009, 08:21 AM

Thanks GG, that's a great article...
    After reading this article, I'm convinced that the people who see results while taking glutathione whitening pills; are actually getting results from the Vit C, which are recommended to be taken with the glut pills...
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Yeah. This article convinced me to take vitamin c in hopes it will give my lightening regimen a boost or at least add nice glow when the lightening results begin to show ;)
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Nov 4, 2009, 03:33 PM

Taking vitamin C pills has made my skin very bright and glowing, everyone is commenting on how my skin looks like it's glowing. I'm happy for that! It's only been three weeks about!
    haiji Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2009, 06:24 PM

vitamin c,will lighten the skin,when you take the in the ascorbic acid form,no need for glutathione,because vitamin c by itself,boost the glutathione levels in the body nautrally..
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 10:49 PM
    That's great Vicky. How many mg do you take?

Yeah, the form I have is ascorbic acid which is pretty good, but I read there are a couple of other forms that are more potent than ascorbic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L-glutathione ,Vitamin C 1000mg IV injections for skin Lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody I've read about skin lightening complexion " L-glutathione pills (normally sold in 1 bottle of 500mg L-glutathione containing 500 pills in total at a cost of about USD275-300 per bottle), most people prefer to take L-glutathione injections (400mg IV/IM). Vitamin C 1000mg IV...

Vitamin C content in vitamin C tablets [ 3 Answers ]

I will be provided with a 0.1% DCPIP solution and have to find Vitamin C content of different Vitamin C tablets.. Normally they contain 1000mg vitamin C which is 1g... And the vitamin c content can be determined by titration with DCPIP solution but how do I make up a equal 0.1& solution of...

Vitamin E [ 1 Answers ]

Is Vitamin E can fairer or whiten your skin?

Skin Lightening - L-Glutathione and Vitamin C 1000mg daily [ 2 Answers ]

L-Glutathione is causing me to have pimple breakout on my back. Is that normal? Also, by taking L-Glutathione 2x500mg/day with Vitamin C 1000mg/day cause any type of diabetes? I'm seeing a rash just after taking it for a few days. If anyone has any experience about this, please help!!

View more questions Search