Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UltraSparks Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 07:18 AM
    I've been using Gluta-C cream for 5 days now and I'm at the stage where I start shedding my old skin. I can say that Gluta-c did improve my skin tone because it looks more healther and my acne scars are kind of fading. Hopefully my skin will start lightening after the 2nd week. But so sexy is right it does make your skin seem a little red.
    kelly514 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 02:32 PM
    I was a little uncertain about this product, but finally got the courage to order it and it actually brightened me up... although it seems to stop working after a while...
    Smalllady Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 03:34 PM
    COOL! How long did it take you to lighten up kelly514
    Carmen Posts: 62, Reputation: 1
    -

May 3, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Stop working after awhile? how long is after awhile kelly514?

May 5, 2008, 09:11 PM
    I actually lightened up within a day or two which I thought was weird (so I actually looked it up to see if it was FDA approved because I was worried that it should work so quickly), but hey it worked... like 2 or 3 shades for me in a couple of days... and I'm still using it, but the effects are no longer like really visible... after the 2/3 shades, it took me about a week to lighten up 1 more shade... and so on... overall I really love this stuff, but it comes in this minute (really really tiny) jar, and I've already ordered another jar because it's great, but it doesn't give extreme effects or anything (like mono)... but it certainly did lighten me up (until now) - so it's been about 1 month for me since I started using the cream-i lightened up about 5 or 6 shades so far (the best effects of which I saw in the first week)... but then again my skin is not dark to begin with (just not porcelain white)... I've been through so many creams and considering the fact that none of them actually really work, and if they do, it takes god knows how long to see results, this one was kind of different... at the moment though, I'm also looking into some other creams because the gluta-c now doesn't lighten me 2 or 3 more shades in a couple of days anymore, it takes like 2 weeks, and I'm not very patient... but don't expect drastic results though...
    Ribbonic Plague Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2008, 01:02 AM
    Cool! This looks like a very promising product! I've been lurking around this thread and I've finally decided to join in on the discussion.

Has there been any side-effects so far? And how big are the jars anyway? They're quite expensive: $42. But if they work well then..
    Simply Jane Posts: 44, Reputation: 4
    -

May 7, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Wow, that is not something that I never experienced from Gluta-C cream, it took me weeks to lighten 1-2 shade, the first week does nothing but cleanse (slight peeling of dirt and dead skin, I LOVE THIS PART!) totally clear up all the embedded dirt from God knows how long it's been sitting there.
    Maybe it depends on each user huh? I love the fact that it lightens slowly but surely, not drastic (2-3 shades in a couple of days). Good hearing varied results from other users of Gluta-C. Now I wish I have the same results as you did hhmmpp!:(

Quote Originally Posted by kelly514
    i actually lightened up within a day or two which i thought was weird (so i actually looked it up to see if it was FDA approved because i was worried that it should work so quickly), but hey it worked....like 2 or 3 shades for me in a couple of days.....and i'm still using it, but the effects are no longer like really visible.....after the 2/3 shades, it took me abt a week to lighten up 1 more shade.......and so on.....overall i really love this stuff, but it comes in this minute (really really tiny) jar, and i've already ordered another jar because it's great, but it doesn't give extreme effects or anything (like mono).....but it certainly did lighten me up (until now) - so it's been abt 1 month for me since i started using the cream-i lightened up abt 5 or 6 shades so far (the best effects of which i saw in the first week)........but then again my skin is not dark to begin with (just not porcelain white).....i've been through so many creams and considering the fact that none of them actually really work, and if they do, it takes god knows how long to see results, this one was kinda different.......at the moment tho, i'm also looking into some other creams because the gluta-c now doesn't lighten me 2 or 3 more shades in a couple of days anymore, it takes like 2 weeks, and i'm not very patient............but don't expect drastic results tho.......
    -

May 7, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Oh my God, you'll gonan love this Ribbonic, I just went to glutac.com and guess what?? The price of the cream went down!! It says New Discounted price $38.20, I hope it will not go back to $42 because it is too much for me (someone who only gets minimum wage) I am due for ordering my 2nd jar, it actually lasted me way more than a month, not bad at all I guess.
    I also emailed the owner and she said that they are in the process of changing the packaging as well, (Yey!! ) to a more bigger and safer container (I guess no more french glass container) I like it though.. but anyway, that's their call.
    OK, got to go and order my 2nd jar, ttyl guys!!
    Ribbonic Plague Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Just a question Simply Jane:

1. Has there been any side-effects? Like, excessive peeling, dryness, etc?

Thanks!
    -

May 15, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Sorry for the delay of my reply I have been busy with work.
    Nope no excessive side effective compare to Obagi which gives excessive peeling and drying of my skin. I prefer Gluta-C cream over Obagi hands down because it's kind to my skin yet gives quick results. Talk to you later Ribbonic..

Quote Originally Posted by Ribbonic Plague
    Just a question Simply Jane:

1. Has there been any side-effects? Like, excessive peeling, dryness, etc?

Thanks!
    gorgeouslady Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Oct 18, 2008, 10:32 AM

No one posted results on how the gluta-c cream results were?lets know if it lightened you up to the shade you desired.

Oct 18, 2008, 02:41 PM
    I've stopped using it... it seemed to work at first then all it did was make my face pinkish.
    Smalllady Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 07:55 AM

Well isn't that a good thing??

Oct 19, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalllady View Post
    well isn't that a good thing???
    No it wouldve been a good thing if it continued lightening my skin... which it did not.
    Carmen Posts: 62, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 26, 2008, 07:08 PM
    That's weird?? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSparks View Post
    No it wouldve been a good thing if it continued lightening my skin...which it did not.

Oct 27, 2008, 10:21 PM

My skin is already really light so maybe that's why it worked with me but I loved it when I was using it, but the thing with this cream is that it's only effective for the first while... it kind of peaks out, after a while your shade just seems to stop lightening... personally, I didn't like that too much, but it's one of the better creams I've used... I'm still looking for that miracle cream...
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Oct 29, 2008, 01:15 PM
    HI everyone, I never ordered a second jar because it made my skin really red.

Oct 29, 2008, 09:34 PM

Bought a jar and it's working wonders on my skin.am peeling a lot and I had a huge scar close to my eye from an accidental cut about a year ago and guess what?! It's completey gone,and I mean completely gone.my skin is still peeling so probably after the peeling my skin will begin the lightening process.for me,I love this cream!

Oct 29, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Oh and it's been just two weeks since I started using the cream
    drew_carey Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Oct 30, 2008, 10:57 AM

Yeah... I got mine last week on Friday and seems to be working fine uptil now. It's only effective if you follow the instructions religiously. I'll probably buy 2 or 3 more jars after this one runs out in order to maintain the skin tone. I've read that maintaining the skin tone ultimately makes it permanent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea Pigs and Mites [ 6 Answers ]

I have five guinea pigs and there is a possibility that they all have mites. I have taken one to the vet in the past for mites, back when I only had one, and they treated with Ivermectin. I want to know if there are any other things that I can do at home. I know you can purchase Revolution online,...

1 of my guinea pigs died. [ 4 Answers ]

I had two guinea pigs. One male one female. Both 3 years old. The male died today and we are considering getting another pig to keep the female company. Is this a good idea? Please help!! :(

Lice/Mites in Guinea Pigs [ 1 Answers ]

I know that Ivermectin can be used topically on guinea pigs for lice & mites. Is, I have Ivermectin 1% for Cattle/Swine (I use it on goats). Is this also safe for guinea pigs, topically behind ears and on rump? Thanks for your help!

Do rabbits EAT guinea pigs? [ 6 Answers ]

Do rabbits EAT guinea pigs? Because I HAD a rabbit and a guinea pig But one morning the guinea pig suddenly disappeared I was very worried and thought it just ran away SOMEHOW>>. It was in a proper cage Anyway then next the rabbit ran away And I'm not sure if they're still even alive But...

Guinea Pigs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 9 yrs old and today my piggie (Lucy) had babies. We moved her out of the cage with the other girl piggie (haha) when I noticed that Lucy looked like a pear. I was going to have my mom take her to the vet today but when we woke up we called her (the vet) to bring her in. It was at...

View more questions Search