Hydroquinone higher percent than 4%

Asked Jul 5, 2008, 09:23 AM 57 Answers
    I have SEVERE hyperpigmentation from a tca peel I done last summer

Jan of this year I started using hydroquioine as I tried everything else and nothing worked but the hydro I use the oabag serum... I was reading about the kilgmans forumla 5% hydro amongst other things including retin a and a steroid

As I have reached a plateau in my skin lightening I want to up the dosage to a 5% I read that severe pigmentation with a higher increase can be gone in 4 weeks

I know where to get the hydroquinoine powder but wanted to know if anyone has had any success with adding the powder into serums etc or if anyone has used a higher %

Last edited by pigmented; Jul 5, 2008 at 09:46 AM.
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,513, Reputation: 4591

#2

Jul 5, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pigmented
    I have SEVERE hyperpigmentation from a tca peel last summer i started using hydroquioine this year as i tried everything else and nothing worked but the hydro i use the oabag serum ....i was reading about the kilgmans forumla 5% hydro amongst other things including retin a and a steroid

as i have reached a plateau in my skin lightening i want to up the dosage to a 5% i read that severe pigmentation with a higher increase can be gone in 4 weeks

I used 4% by prescription, compounded by my Pharmacist, to fade a deep red scar - it was very irritating but worked in a very short period. Mine also contained a sunscreen - spf 40.
    pigmented's Avatar
    pigmented Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

#3

Jul 5, 2008, 09:54 AM
    The area I'm treating is on my body away from the sun some I'm not worried about that... and I'm in the uk we don't have compounding chemist here and we don't hae much sun either lol!

I tried to get in touch with some chemist but they cant do anything overseas
    pigmented's Avatar
    pigmented Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

#4

Jul 6, 2008, 05:21 AM
    Come on I cant believe on a site where people are using monobenzone there isn't anyone out there who knows how to compound a higher percent of Hydroquinone (sigh)
    traygeaux's Avatar
    traygeaux Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

#5

Jul 9, 2008, 11:54 PM
    OK... I've been lurking on this site a couple weeks now... seeing your post finally convinced me to sign up and contribute...

My skin is highly prone to hyperpigmentation... it can be from a mosquito bite, a tiny cut that heals, a scrape, a burn, acne, WHATEVER... it all seems to leave me w/ dark spots...

I had moderate acne on my back, but I finally found the right routine and it's completely clear of acne now... however, every time I got acne on my back, regardless of how tiny or large the spot was, it left a dark mark behind that would take months to clear... combine that w/ always having at least a couple spots at a time, and it results in having a back full of dark spots...

I'm also tend to have the same problem with my face, but I find that hyperpigmentation there fades much more quickly...

I went to a dermatologist a couple of weeks ago and she had a cream compounded for me w/ 10% hydroquinone, 2.5% kojic acid, and cortisone cream...

LOL I know that sounds crazy dangerous right? I searched ALL OVER the internet... I'm talking hours and hours at a time for days... and I COULD NOT find anything about so strong of a mixture... most people see to freak out about 4% hydroquinone, and the truth is I had been using that every day for 2 months prior to getting the cream I have now...

I've been applying the 10% hydroquinone mixture twice a day (morning and before bed)... in the morning when I know I'll be walking all over campus to classes, I use 70 SPF for my face and 85 SPF for my back... my derm also prescribed me desonide lotion to help w/ irritation... sometimes I skip applying the cream once a day if my skin seems to be a bit irritated at the time... but that usually only happens maybe once or twice a week...

I've been using it like this for about 3 weeks now... it's definitely made some huge improvements... it's not an instant miracle cream though... those marks aren't COMPLETELY GONE, but they are faint enough to say (as an educated guess) that I think I will be able to completely get rid of these dark spots in about 6 weeks time... they seem to be at a point now where you can't tell that it's there if I have makeup on...

I'm using a new acne prescription right now and it causes an initial breakout, so it's kind of hard to tell because I've gotten a couple new spots, but I can definitely say that the spots I started with have improved about 60% in these first three weeks... my overall skin color has lightened a good bit and my skin is so radiant!
    JudyKayTee's Avatar

#6

Jul 10, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pigmented
    the area im treating is on my body away from the sun some im not worried about that......and im in the uk we dont have compounding chemist here and we dont hae much sun either lol!

Who prepares compounds in the UK? Pharmacists do it "here" all the time - wondered who would compound, for example, any kind of skin cream in the UK.

The sun block in my compound is because any light - not necessarily strong daylight - can lessen the effects of the compound.
    nikki1000's Avatar
    nikki1000 Posts: 98, Reputation: 3

#7

Jul 17, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Thank you tray-your expereince with pigmentation sounds like mine in terms of any little cut leaving a mark... so annoying!

I found one site that says they say the kligmans blend I asked them if it's the 5% I know a lot of these site are so shady so I will have to see

I really don't know who to go to in the uk to compound things we just don't do it over here which again is so annoying!

I will just have to start making my own stuff
    nikki1000's Avatar
    nikki1000 Posts: 98, Reputation: 3

#8

Jul 21, 2008, 01:30 PM
    pigmented was my username before I figured out my old password for nikki1000 sorry for the mix up lol

Yeah I know about the 4% I already use a obagi formula 4% but as I cant find what I'm looking for I'm going to compound my own I know where to buy what I want anyway and the site is reputable
    llyykasb1's Avatar
    llyykasb1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

#9

Jul 21, 2008, 01:46 PM
    What site is that?
    nikki1000's Avatar
    nikki1000 Posts: 98, Reputation: 3

#10

Jul 21, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Gardenofwisdom they don't provide instructions on how to make a higher percentage as its illegal.. luckily I already know how

Hydroquinone USP 2% [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I am 24 year old girl with a brown skin. I had very slight pimple scars so I applied a medicine with hyderoquinone USP 2 % on my face and kept it over night. So,Now I ended up having more pigmentation(repigmentation) and feeling depressed with my marriage falling close in 6 months.Will this...

6% hydroquinone [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.

Hydroquinone [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist....

IS hydroquinone really that Bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about you guys but I'm really getting tired of searching for a skin lightning product that actually works, I mean I've probabley searched every where, read every forum and article about skin lightning, and I'venoticed that the products that people are saying really works are the one's...

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?