Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missmya23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Do I have Herpes??
    I have a sore on my pelvic region where I shave right directly in the middle. Not near my actual vagina. I had unprotected sex about 2 weeks ago and have a sore rib cage and a fever of 99.1 and a little trouble breathing. I know the fever could have something to do with the tight chest.. possibly pneumonia, but with the sore and a little reading on the forums it sounds like a fever is related to herpes. The lesion was a small red bump this morning and with my physical activity today and cotton underwear rubbing, it bursted open like a blister would from having shoes that rub wrong. It is not and looks like the skin just peeled off. Everything I have read says they have to be near the genitals, but the lesion is a good two inches north of the crease of my vagina. What is the chance it could it be herpes?

I am going to go to the doctor tomorrow for sure, but would like some reassurance in the mean time?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
    It is not possible to determine a illness over the internet, that is why you have to see your doctor. I would doubt it is this, but there is always a chance.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 12, 2012, 06:23 PM
    It doesn't sound like it based on the description your giving. What it sounds like it could have been since you mentioned grooming in that area is an infected hair follicle. It happens when the skin is irritated and the root becomes infected.

Hair Follicle Infection
    missmya23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
    @califdadof3 Thank you!. That link was very helpful! It legitimately looks EXACTLY like that photo, but with out the hair! I will get it looked at when I go to the Doc tomorrow to see why my chest is so tight just in case! Greatly Appreciated :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes [ 28 Answers ]

My partner got tested for stds and came out negative so we have sex and it was very painful. The same night I went home I had yellow discharge so I thought it was a Yeats infection and I put on the cream and I got these bumps on my vigina lips and clitoris& some on my bum I think at first they...

How likely is it that I have herpes? [ 1 Answers ]

So, I have only ever had sex with one guy in my entire life; my boyfriend. We have been sexually active for over a year, and during that time neither of us have had any other sexual partners. However, I'm pretty paranoid. I'm wondering if it is possible that I have herpes. I have been discharging...

Herpes [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if my partner had a CANKER SORE and preformed oral sex on me (im a man) if I can get genital herpes. Thank you

Difference between herpes & herpes antibodies? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering, because I was told in February that I have genital herpes, and that my blood work was showing I was having a current outbreak, but I didn't have no soars, My gynecologist said that I been exposed to it and that I have the antibodies for it meaning that Its possible I may never get...

Herpes. What do you think? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I'm 18, just found out that I have contracted herpes at some point or another and now I'm a little confused. I've been with the same guy for the past 6 months and neither of us has messed around with other people. He was tested for STD but wasn't aware of the fact that they don't test for...

View more questions Search