Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    breanniegrace Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 05:12 PM
    Okay, this is extremely embarrassing for me... But
    Okay, this is extremely embarrassing for me... But
    I have extremely bad feminie odor.. I shower daily, I clean very well down there, I've heard that having hair down there causes it to have stronger odor so I have no hair, I have used almost all the products to "get rid of the odor" and nothing has ever worked... HELP ME!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by breanniegrace View Post
    Okay, this is extremly embarrassing for me... But
    I have extremly bad feminie odor.. I shower daily, I clean very well down there, I've heard that having hair down there causes it to have stronger odor so I have no hair, I have used almost all the products to "get rid of the odor" and nothing has ever worked... HELP ME!
    How old are you, and how long has this been going on?

Oct 27, 2010, 05:15 PM

I'm only 17, and for about 2 years...
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 05:17 PM
    im only 17, and for about 2 years...
    Have you started to see a gyn yet?

This is something that we can't diagnose, therefore, I would make an appointment with your Doctor.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 05:18 PM

It could be numerous things, but an infection is my first thought. Do you use a douche? If so stop, this forces the bacteria up causing infections, your vagina is a self cleaning organ and does not need to be washed inside, this will mess with the normal cycle (causing it to smell bad). Has it always had a strong odor? Or did it just happen? I don't know how old you are but do you have sex? If so it could be an STI.

Make an appointment with a gynocoligist, don't worry, they won't male it seem awkard or embarressing, tell them your symptoms and they'll run some tests.

Good luck!

Oct 27, 2010, 05:19 PM

I have... and he has written me perscriptions for so many medicines and NOTHING ever work.. :(
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 05:20 PM
    I have... and he has written me perscriptions for so many medicines and NOTHING ever work.. :(
    What was his diagnosis? In other words, what did he say was causing this?
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 06:09 PM

Find a new doctor..

Do you eat a lot of spicy or acidic foods? This can trigger your vagina to smell different. Try washing it morning and night, as well as wearing cotton panties they let the vagina breath and absorb sweat (so less smell), also try wearing loose fitting pants. You can put baby powder between your legs to help absorb the sweat.

If it has been going in for two years, it could just be your body hit puberty and the smell changed..
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 08:47 PM

If you are using soaps and washes, then your vagina is basically fighting to create all the good bacteria that it needs that you are washing away. A soft face cloth and warm water is all you really need. If you have a high sensitivity to soaps and washes, like a certain fabric softener or detergent, and you are suing a lot of different (scented) products this can also cause a stronger odor.

It's nothing to be embarrassed about, all women have a scent, you may just be more aware of yours. Does this strong odor only happen before, during or after a menstrual cycle? Are you sexually active now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extremely loud noise and vibrations after flushing my toilet [ 8 Answers ]

After I flush my toilet, right after the tank is done filling but sometimes after a minute (lately it has been directly after) a very loud jackhammer type noise comes from my bathroom. Accompanied by the noise is a vibration that can be felt if you touch the toilet or even the bathroom sink....

How embarrassing [ 20 Answers ]

Hypersonic Test Vehicle Falcon goes missing on test flight, DARPA admits | News.com.au A highly secret weapon has just flown away, or has it? The US was testing a hyper-sonic glider on the edge of space and it just disappeared?

Pregnant? Period,Extremely sore boobs, [ 2 Answers ]

Well I was due for my period on the 20th, Before my period I've had pregnancy signs so I thought it was possible for me to be pregnant I've had morning sickness my boobs are Extremely sore and swollen. But on the 29th I started bleeding- heavy. But I'm still getting all the pregnancy signs and my...

Ok... this is embarrassing... [ 14 Answers ]

So tonight things are getting hot and heavy between me and my lady friend, and we decide to take it to the bedroom... I was SO ready to go until it came time, then I just totally freaked myself out and couldn't do it! Now, I have NO problem getting aroused by any means, but I just couldn't shut off...

View more questions Search