Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieK Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Sep 27, 2010, 11:50 AM
    My Kitten is having issues with pooping. It keeps oozing out! Help!
    My kitten is a male bobtail, weighs about 2 pounds and is about 8 weeks old. We got him from our local Vet Clinc with current shot and deworming. He has been on erythormysin and a stronger med too. They found bacteria in his stool, that's why he is on the med's. When he came home for the first week he was great, up and playful. Regular stools too. Now he acts so sluggish and he keeps seeping poop from his rear end. Sometimes it is like a soup other times soft in a turd form. And he goes very often to the liter box! He is on Purina Kitten Chow. Please help! I want my playful sweet Kitten back!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 12:01 PM

Could be the Purina kitten chow doesn't agree with him. May not be getting enough protein, because cats are carnivores and cannot subside on veg diets with little protein. Start reading the kitten food bags and compare how much protein there is in each one. You may end of paying more for a better mixture for your kitten.

Tick
    KatieK Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Sep 27, 2010, 12:11 PM

Thanks! My Purina Kitten Chow says it has 40% protein in it. Any suggestions to what might be better? Or even foods that are safe to feed him to help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 01:23 PM

Katie, here is a website with some good reading on what to feed kittens. It actually suggests canned for more protein.

Cats.about.com/cs/kittencare/a/kitten_food.htm
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 27, 2010, 02:46 PM

I agree that you may want to try another cat food. Has his water intake changed? You can consult your vet for cat food that may not have this effect on him, keep an eye on his diet for now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can you do about kittens eyes crusty and oozing pus? [ 8 Answers ]

@bushg It appears to me you think yourself a vet or a professional when it comes to cats. I cured my 2 3 week old kittens by boiling chamolile tea bags and letting it steep. Then cleaned their eyes with the teabags gently using a different bag for each eye. I did this twice a day. I live in Mexico...

My Older Kitten hates my new Young Kitten. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. I have a 5month old kitten at home who is usually very affectionate and loving (also spayed) Yesterday I rescued a 9 week old kitten so my eldest would have some company when I'm out at work. I knew they wouldn't get on great at first but my...

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

View more questions Search